Table for 8 in Muranos?

blondie1746

We are a family of 7 sailing on the Solstice in January. I guess being over 6 you are considered a "group." When I try to book reservations for Muranos online, the info says groups of larger than 6 have to see the maitre'd when they board. I called Celebrity and was told they don't have tables for 8 in Muranos. They suggested reserving a table for 4 and a table for 3 and then asking the maitre'd if the 2 tables can be close to each other.

Has anyone else tried to eat at Muranos with a group larger than 6? And how was it handled? We really want to try this restaurant, but don't really want to sit at 2 separate tables.

We've not been to Murano's (yet!), but we were told the same when we tried to book a table for 8 in the Normandie on our Summit sailing Feb 2010. Having seen groups of 8 in the Normandie on a prior sailing I called back until I found a helpful person who simply booked the table for 8 for us, and sent me a confirmation fax, which I then took with me on the cruise. No problems, and we didn't even have to pre-pay the per person charge as we would have by booking on the celebrity web-site. Keep calling back until you get a helpful person, as it probably can be done.

On the Eclipse this summer, 10 of us wanted to do Tuscan Grill. No option for that on line, so we booked 2's and 4's (someone even had to book the next time slot) so that we had the 'seats' booked. On sailaway day, 5 of us (one from each couple) went to see the TG maitre d' to sort out a 10 table. He was very helpful and on the night we had a table for 10 against the stern windows, so we had a great view too!

Simon

On the Eclipse this summer, 10 of us wanted to do Tuscan Grill. No option for that on line, so we booked 2's and 4's (someone even had to book the next time slot) so that we had the 'seats' booked. On sailaway day, 5 of us (one from each couple) went to see the TG maitre d' to sort out a 10 table. He was very helpful and on the night we had a table for 10 against the stern windows, so we had a great view too!

Simon

That is what I was going to recommend. If they can fit you in they will - not sure about the Solstice but some of the ship's Muranos, or specialty on M class, have a wine room that has a larger table. Do as sddsdean recommended and see the Maitre d' ASAP after boarding.

Might also consider Tuscan Grill as I think I've seem more larger tables set up in Tuscan Grill than in Muranos the one time I was on an S class ship.

We're facing the same issue with Murano and were told the same thing you were, so made reservations as two tables of 4. Hopefully they'll be able to move some tables around for us if we ask when we board or that private space will pan out. It seems like an oversight not to have seating like this available given how people might like to have special occasions with larger groups in the private restaurants.

We must've got lucky on our Jan '10 Equinox trip. I called 2 days before we wanted to dine there, they confirmed & when we arrived all 8 of us were seated in The Wine Cellar (or private dining area). Service was absolutely outstanding. Just make sure you are prepared for a 3 hour experience. (In least in our case it was). :D

On Equinox in July we were at a table for 8 in Murano which we booked immediately after embarkation. We enjoyed it so much that we arranged with the Maitre'D for another table for 8 on the same cruise. The first evening we were seated in the Wine Room but the second time our table was in a different location. The service and food in Murano is excellent and well worth the cover charge.

Archived