E.S. and guarentee cabin question

boomonster

Quick question . My MIL is booked in a HC room (yes she needs it) . We booked early saver and the price for seniors has dropped considerably. It is a guarentee room they are offering now. Is it possible to apply for the rate and they would not move her since she is in a HC room.I know they try to fill the less desirable cabins with the guarentee , but thought it might be worth a shot.

Nope, even if it was allowed to downgrade (you cant), if she was willing to give up her HC cabin and take the gty it would 99% sure be denied.

I have seen two posts out of the hundreds on here claiming they were offered the chance to give up their cabin and take the gty.

You picked the cabin, hence it is a specific category, so unless its a gty for that category (havent seen these in years, but used to see 4A guarantee for instance), then you could price match. She will have to find a gty for her exact category, not the nebulous IS gty or whatever.

Quick question . My MIL is booked in a HC room (yes she needs it) . We booked early saver and the price for seniors has dropped considerably. It is a guarentee room they are offering now. Is it possible to apply for the rate and they would not move her since she is in a HC room.I know they try to fill the less desirable cabins with the guarentee , but thought it might be worth a shot.

Hi, I saw the same thing for Dec. 5th sailing..... booked just like you but with a TA. As everyones is saying no deal.....maybe we can just keep our fingers crossed as with ES I have not really gained anything expect $15 each person some time agao...... some people have all the luck. I sent it in anyway and will see...... Enjoy your cruise.

I booked a 1A with ES and I've gotten 2 OBC's so far without giving up my cabin. It can be done.

You booked a specific cabin within the 1A category where as inside/OV/Balcony gty. categories you do NOT pick the cabin therefore you are comparing apples to oranges so to speak.

In this case with the OP she has a specific cabin and it wanting to get credit or OBC with a gty cabin category. They are not the same thing so the OP will be denied.

The OP asked if she could get an ES price reduction OBC without giving up her chosen cabin and I responded that yes, she could. I did it. Twice. Even though the price protection states you will be moves to a guaranteed cabin in order to get the OBC, that's not always the case.

How far out is your cruise? Are there any HC cabins left? If there are several HC cabins, you may want to take the risk of accepting the guarantee, hoping you get a cabin assignment fairly quickly, and then switching whatever cabin you've been assigned for one of the hopefully-still-available HC ones. That's a lot of risk, though, if your MIL really-really-really needs the HC cabin & can't cruise in a regular cabin.

For my upcoming Freedom Thanksgiving cruise (booked ES), we upgraded from an Inside to an Ocean-View guarantee (when the price for an OV dropped below what we were paying for an Inside), got a cabin assignment 2 days later, and called our PVP at Carnival to switch us to a different cabin that we liked better.

ymmv. :cool:

How far out is your cruise? Are there any HC cabins left? If there are several HC cabins, you may want to take the risk of accepting the guarantee, hoping you get a cabin assignment fairly quickly, and then switching whatever cabin you've been assigned for one of the hopefully-still-available HC ones. That's a lot of risk, though, if your MIL really-really-really needs the HC cabin & can't cruise in a regular cabin.

For my upcoming Freedom Thanksgiving cruise (booked ES), we upgraded from an Inside to an Ocean-View guarantee (when the price for an OV dropped below what we were paying for an Inside), got a cabin assignment 2 days later, and called our PVP at Carnival to switch us to a different cabin that we liked better.

#1 carnival doesnt allow you to switch once they assign a cabin if you were allowed to move from a 4F to a IS (which also is in doubt). Iv seen a few TAs were able to move their folks, but the written rule is if you take a gty then you agree to be moved to anywhere on the ship and that you cant change .. unless you pay full price for the new category .. the OP wants to take the IS gty .. to match to a 4F and not to lose their 4F HC cabin.

The OP asked if she could get an ES price reduction OBC without giving up her chosen cabin and I responded that yes, she could. I did it. Twice. Even though the price protection states you will be moves to a guaranteed cabin in order to get the OBC, that's not always the case.

The only time Iv heard of this being allowed the person was in the bottom category of what they could get from the gty .. it wasnt a case of a higher category within the gty .. and you just confirmed this .. you had a 1A?? thats why .. if you are in a 4A you would even have a case if you pushed .. but not with a 4F.

and called our PVP at Carnival to switch us to a different cabin that we liked better.

The TA's and PVP's are actually, specifically forbidden to do this, so that could be a risky assumption - not one that IMO you can count on. ken

I booked a 1A with ES and I've gotten 2 OBC's so far without giving up my cabin. It can be done.

You booked a CAT 1A under Early Saver. Were the two Price Drops drops in the Early Saver (or FunSelect, Past Guest, Resident or Military) rates?

or were the price drops for FunSaver, Pack and Go...? thanks, Ken

With IS you technically cant get a 1A, so they were probably glad to let you keep it if it was a IS gty.?? You dont say what you price matched to.

They wanted to switch me to an IS guarantee. The upgrade was to a regular inside cabin. I have a 1A with 2 windows. I declined. They said ok.

You booked a CAT 1A under Early Saver. Were the two Price Drops drops in the Early Saver (or FunSelect, Past Guest, Resident or Military) rates?

or were the price drops for FunSaver, Pack and Go...? thanks, Ken

The first price drop was the Pack & Go rate; the second price drop was the Resident/Senior rate.

And since I booked at the 150% rate, I had to wait until the 200% rate dropped below what I paid to get the OBC.

The first price drop was the Pack & Go rate; the second price drop was the Resident/Senior rate......

Thanks! Yours is the 3rd or 4th case we've seen where they didn't ultimately require you to give-up your assigned cabin for the TBA guarantee in this type of scenario!

thanks, Ken

#1 carnival doesnt allow you to switch once they assign a cabin if you were allowed to move from a 4F to a IS (which also is in doubt). Iv seen a few TAs were able to move their folks, but the written rule is if you take a gty then you agree to be moved to anywhere on the ship and that you cant change .. unless you pay full price for the new category .. the OP wants to take the IS gty .. to match to a 4F and not to lose their 4F HC cabin.

The TA's and PVP's are actually, specifically forbidden to do this, so that could be a risky assumption - not one that IMO you can count on. ken

Wow, didn't realize that was against the regulations. Thanks for the info. Good to know for future reference. When I did this, I called my PVP, and didn't mention anything about a Guarantee -- I just told him I was in Cabin A and wanted to switch to Cabin B (same category -- he tried to tell me "all the cabins are the same," but of course CC members know that the aft corner cabins on Conquest-class ships are oddly-sized and BIG :D). He said he had to clear the switch with a supervisor (hmmmm... because I was in a Guarantee? :confused:), but it was taken care of within minutes.

Hi, I saw the same thing for Dec. 5th sailing..... booked just like you but with a TA. As everyones is saying no deal.....maybe we can just keep our fingers crossed as with ES I have not really gained anything expect $15 each person some time agao...... some people have all the luck. I sent it in anyway and will see...... Enjoy your cruise.

It's not luck but just someone paid too much when they booked it. The dollars are the same.

Some people come in here and talk about a few hundred in ES savings and my thought is so what? That means they paid the same as I did in the end.

GTD cabin promotions do not count unless you would be willing to go GTD. You didn't book it so you should plan on not getting it.

Archived