IPOD or MP3

kroozerj

Does anyone know if there is a way to charge an IPOD from the cabin? Thinking of bringing mine along, and wonder if there is way to charge it? thanks JIM, BTW, I am sailing on the CB in 3 weeks
Your charger should work fine in the electrical outlet, same as your camera, phone or anything else you need/want to charge.

Does anyone know if there is a way to charge an IPOD from the cabin? Thinking of bringing mine along, and wonder if there is way to charge it? thanks JIM, BTW, I am sailing on the CB in 3 weeks

If all you have is the USB cable, then no. You'd have to purchase a separate charger that you can plug into the wall...

My husband and I have a Creative Zen and a Sansa Clip. We managed to find a charger that fits both of them. Found it on Overstock.com for pretty cheap. Now we only need one charger when we travel! :D

If you are taking your laptop you can do it there. Otherwise maybe talk to the computer room assistant and they may charge it for you. If they won't maybe you will meet another passenger who has a laptop and they may do it for you

One of these small surge protectors has travelled with me all over the world and it has USB inputs for charging portable devices. You can find them just about anywhere, including Target and Walmart.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Protector-Charger/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1289609159&sr=8-2

Thanks, Coracil. That looks like a great little gadget.

The only small drawback (and it's not a problem on cruiseships) with this protector is that it doesn't have a built-in converter. So, if you're using it in a foreign country you may need to have a plug adaptor that matches their plugs and has a built-in voltage convertor. These are easy enough to find just about anywhere, I use one similar to this one:

http://litefuzevoltageconverters.com/seven-star-501600-watt-step-down-travel-voltage-converter-kit-501600.html

One of these small surge protectors has travelled with me all over the world and it has USB inputs for charging portable devices. You can find them just about anywhere, including Target and Walmart.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Protector-Charger/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1289609159&sr=8-2

Great info, must have one. Thanks.

I use a Sansa Clip with JVC ear buds. We had an aft cabin

last time; we were surprised that while underway, on the balcony,

the ship wake was loud enough to frustrate its use. By 'frustrate'

I mean there was just too much total volume in the ears...but in the cabin

with the door closed it was fine.

Next time I will also pack my full size head phones (over the ear) which

have an adapter for the mini headphone jack of the MP3 players.

That's my 'work around solution' ....for those occasional on-the-balcony

listening sessions (read 'naps').

:D

Archived