problem with CC charges

JustJamieH

we just got off the Elation yesterday. we paid off our S&S account in cash a few times. the only charges that were to be billed to my hunnie's credit card was the cigarettes and two t-shirts bought in the gift shop on Wednesday evening. the total was $78ish

he looked @ his account online today to find three seperate charges from Carnival: (1) $50 charged on day one of our cruise (2) $11 and (3) $111 both of those charged yesterday.

any idea what this is about? who should we contact? Carnival? CC company?

we just got off the Elation yesterday. we paid off our S&S account in cash a few times. the only charges that were to be billed to my hunnie's credit card was the cigarettes and two t-shirts bought in the gift shop on Wednesday evening. the total was $78ish

he looked @ his account online today to find three seperate charges from Carnival: (1) $50 charged on day one of our cruise (2) $11 and (3) $111 both of those charged yesterday.

any idea what this is about? who should we contact? Carnival? CC company?

I'd hold off for right now. I would bet money that these are "PENDING" charges. In other words 'Holds". They will stay there until the credit card company removes them. Maybe up to 7 days.

I would keep an eye on it though.

Those are holds-they will drop off in a few days. Had the same thing happen last month. Couple of days after we got back I went online to pay the my credit card I used and I had to wait another 5 days cause there were some weird amounts on there and I couldn't find my sign & sail final bill.

Did you prepay tips?? Tip will be $10 per per per day, so that's like $100 for 2 for a 5 day cruise. It is automatically charged.

thanks for the replies everyone. we will wait a few days and see what's up! :)

good point Fire, but we prepaid tips so that's not it. :) in my mind tips are part of the cruise cost so cruise isn't paid for till the tips are paid.

I would contact carnival before I called my credit card company. Ask them for what the charges are for.

You dont want to dispute legit charges.

they are not legit charges. as I stated in my original post, we paid cash for all S&S charges on the last night @ sea. the only things ourchased after our last cash payment were cigarettes (buy two get one free) and two tshirts from the gift shop. the total charge was $78ish and this is the exact amount showed on our final statement delivered to the cabin on the final morning on board.

That is why I always check before i leave the ship. Once or twice charges will billed to me in error and easy to ask before than later.

yes, we did that. as I stated in my original post, we paid cash for all S&S charges on the last night @ sea. the only things purchased after our last cash payment were cigarettes (buy two get one free) and two tshirts from the gift shop. the total charge was $78ish and this is the exact amount showed on our final statement delivered to the cabin on the final morning on board.

On any ship, we usually check our S&S account every two days or so, then late the last night before we close our account. Usually when we get our last bill that night or the next morning everything is straight or a last minute/very late night charge from a lounge may appear, but nothing else.

Archived