Cabin Help

holidaylover10

Hi all,

Have booked inside cabin A516 Aloha deck on the Grand Princess, Looking at the deck plan i have noticed it is right under the the Calypso pool and Horizon court buffet. Can anyone tell me if this cabin is likely to suffer a lot of noise as i am a light sleeper.

Also the inside cabins on the lido deck are classed as the same catogory II grade but we were not offered the choice of one of these at the time of booking, I wouldn't think they were sold out as the cruise is not until April 2012. If they are available at the same price as the cabin we have booked would you recommend we ask to move to the Lido deck or would that be even noisier.

Many thanks

Id have to look myself to see, but chances are it is not under both the pool and the buffet .. if its under the carpeted buffet, no worries .. if you are under the pool, then it can be quite noisy, with chairs being scraped on the deck above you in the middle of the night.

I recommend you not only keep that cabin but mark your booking No Upgrade. If you take a look at the deck plans, you will see your room is oriented a bit differently than most other insides, and it's definitely larger than other insides. You will have a separate dressing/open area not found in other inside rooms.

Also, if you look at plans more closely, see that rectangular open space between your room and the other three 'sideways' rooms? THAT is the pool which extends down from the deck above, and directly over your room is the pool splash zone and a hot tub, not the pool deck. Meaning that you will not hear deck chairs being dragged around.

You have a terrific location, close to the stairs, only one flight up to the Lido, open decks and the pools, and just a few steps from the buffet.

Archived