Petit Barcelona

Do you mean the Petit Hotel or the Petit Palace Museum Hotel?? The "Petit Hotel is in a locals neighborhood away from the tourist zone. It is easy to reach on metro etc. but not necessarily where I would stay on a first visit to Barcelona.

You can see it on a map on the hotel web site.

The Petit Palace Museum Hotel is in a more central location for a new visitor.

My TA just mentioned the Petit Palace Barcelona and send the location was good and close to La Rambla. She did mention a cost of 118 E per night. IYHO would you stay at the Hotel Jazz or the Petit Palace Museum Hotel for a first time visitor ?

Do you mean the Petit Hotel or the Petit Palace Museum Hotel?? The "Petit Hotel is in a locals neighborhood away from the tourist zone. It is easy to reach on metro etc. but not necessarily where I would stay on a first visit to Barcelona.

You can see it on a map on the hotel web site.

The Petit Palace Museum Hotel is in a more central location for a new visitor.

I thought I would add to the last post to explain a little more.

You can see the location of each hotel on their web sites or by putting them into Google.

Jazz is closer to Las Ramblas BUT I don't think that is important since Las Ramblas is a street full of tourist stuff and not necessarily the most important place to spend time in Barcelona. Placa Catalunya, the big square at the top of Las Ramblas,is the city center so anywhere near there is quite central for transportation and seeing the sights.

The Jazz has a pool and I don't know if Petit Palace has one if that is important to you.

The street I have stayed on twice is Rambla Catalunya which is above Placa Catalunya. I like that pedestrian street very much because there are nice outdoor cafes,restaurants, bakeries, wine shop and even locals are found there.

I have stayed at the Onix Rambla and others have also talked about really liking the Praktik Rambla across the street.

Thanks so much for all the info. I have my heart set on the Jazz only because so many others here on CC have stayed there with +ve results but I am open to other suggestions if I can save a bit more $.

The Jazz is only 11 Cdn more a night at present time than the Petit Museum Barcelona so I do not know if that is good or bad. Based on people staying at the Jazz this past Sept I am expecting the prices to come down a bit more. At present there were no rooms available at Praktik Rambla.

I thought I would add to the last post to explain a little more.

You can see the location of each hotel on their web sites or by putting them into Google.

Jazz is closer to Las Ramblas BUT I don't think that is important since Las Ramblas is a street full of tourist stuff and not necessarily the most important place to spend time in Barcelona. Placa Catalunya, the big square at the top of Las Ramblas,is the city center so anywhere near there is quite central for transportation and seeing the sights.

The Jazz has a pool and I don't know if Petit Palace has one if that is important to you.

The street I have stayed on twice is Rambla Catalunya which is above Placa Catalunya. I like that pedestrian street very much because there are nice outdoor cafes,restaurants, bakeries, wine shop and even locals are found there.

I have stayed at the Onix Rambla and others have also talked about really liking the Praktik Rambla across the street.

D&N, IF you really want to stay at the Jazz then I'd make a res now that is cancelleable with no charge. You don't need a travel agent to do this . Just go to the web site and do it on line. Usually they only want a credit card to hold the res but they do not put the charges through until you are there. Read all the info provided on the site to make sure this is the situation.

THEN as time goes by if the prices go down you just cancel your res and make a new one at the new price.

That way you will get to stay at the hotel you want for the best price!

I very much like the High Tech hotel chain in Spain -- Petit is one of theirs. That said, for just about the same money, the Jazz is probably a better hotel for most people going on a cruise. I would be perfectly happy staying in either hotel (the Museum or the Opera --I've not stayed at the 3rd Petit in Barcelona. If traveling alone, I'd stay at the Petit; if traveling with my spouse, I'd stay at the Jazz.

I just stayed at the Hotel Colon across the Square from the Cathedral, not the Gaudi. I got a great rate for 3 nights and it has a terrific restaurant and outside cafe and room service. Very helpful staff as well. YOpu can book on line, directly.

Archived