Sailing Freedom ****Advice NEEDED****

swtroy

We are sailing Freedom in December. We want to MAXIMIZE our experience on board the ship. Can you past sailers give us some advice? What to do once on board as far as booking shows, activities, dinner, etc.?

Thank you!

We are sailing Freedom in December. We want to MAXIMIZE our experience on board the ship. Can you past sailers give us some advice? What to do once on board as far as booking shows, activities, dinner, etc.?

Thank you!

One of the advise is to get tickets to the Ice show. The free tickets can be picked up on Day 2 (at Sea day) starting at 8am.

All of the other shows you just have to show up for. I reccomend arriving about 30 mins before the show.

If you want to maximize your time, read the compass the night before and mark what you want to do.

You cannot pre-book the shows, it is first come first serve, except for the ice skating show. They will tell you where to pick up tickets (when we were on in August it was at Sorrentos on the second morning around 8:30 am).

Shows fill up, especially the earlier main shows, so get there early.

Remember to relax and have fun, you won't be able to make everything (some things overlap).

Here's a link to my review. Has lots of pictures and gives you an idea of what activities where available and when they happened for us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1270002

Enjoy your cruise :)

Thank you!

I suggest that you "maximize" your experience by joining your Roll Call and finding people who will be onboard with you!

Just got off the Freedom a week ago. She is a great ship. I concur, get ice show tickets; it's amazing

The shows are really good. Don't miss Kory in the Piano Bar (Schooner Bar). He is a show by himself. It is always crowded when he is there, but well worth getting there early for a seat, especially at the piano.

For a treat, dining in Chops ( a $25 surcharge per person) is fantastic. It is a 5star steakhouse, with wonderful food and service.

Most important, just enjoy yourself. Don't forget to try the Cafe Promenade for a little sammy or sweet (free) or Sorrentos for pizza or antipasto

Have a great cruise

Oh, my....if you try to do EVERYTHING, you'll exhaust yourself! Search on these boards for copies of the Compass (they're all similar) and see what excites you. Don't do things that you don't really want to just because someone says it's a "must do"..it might be for them, but not for you!

(By the way, I didn't think Chops was 5-star...more like 3-star!)

My recommendations:

SHOWS:

I would suggest you attend all the shows in the Acadia Theater and see the ice show in Studio B. As others have said, you can't pre-book shows on Freedom, just show up about 30 minutes before showtime. I thought the production and magic shows in the Acadia Theater were the best I had ever seen on a cruise ship. The Ice Show in Studio B is also very very good. Also attend QUEST (check your onboard schedule for the day and time) you will not be sorry.

DINING:

The main dining room has good food, but to maximize your experience, make sure you dine in the two onboard specialty restaurants Portofino's and Chops Grille. They are both (pay extra) very good places to eat and well worth the extra price, not to mention the view from your table is outstanding!

OTHER:

Make sure you enjoy at least 1 Pina Colata, 1 or 2 BBC drinks and a berry lava-flow, they are all very good drinks. The Love Connection is also great. On the pool deck, get free soft serve ice cream daily and walk to the Solarium to eat it. It's so relaxing! :)

Whatever you plan to do, enjoy your cruise and have fun!

Archived