Diamond Princess -Laundry

NFLinHogtown

Just wondering, on the Diamond Princess does the self serve laundry supply soap or should I bring my own? What are the fees to use the laundry?

It has a vending machine for soap and dryer sheets. $1 each.

We bring the all in one sheets (Purex) wash/dryer combined.

Machines are $1.50 each both dryer/wash.

There are usually 4 of each.

I second the advice to bring your own detergent and fabric softener in the form of the Purex sheets. Sometimes the dispensers on board can be empty - they just run out of supplies, and/or do not bring enough on board.

In addition, we tend to stash a roll of quarters in our carry-on, rather than relying on the change machines in the laundry rooms. Although the laundry rooms are cleaned every few hours, it seems, and generally in very good condition, the change machines can run out of quarters. You could head to the customer service desk to request quarters, but that consumes time and in my experience, when you want to pop a load of laundry in, you want to do it, get it done, and get on with the fun. We've just found it easier to come totally prepared, and those preparations take up practicallly no packing space.

I also tuck in some kind of stain remover, whether you choice is Tide to Go or a small stick of Shout, or something else. I find that when I am doing laundry, 25% of the items are in the wash because they need a spot removed......:)

The longest wait we see is at the end of the cruise. I will than try another floor, either one up or one down. The last few cruises we have been on we have been very close to the laundry rooms, so no big deal. If you are at the front and the laundry is in the back, it is really a hassle. You make the walk and find everything full and others waiting, then the long walk back! Then you do it again! I have heard here on CC that dinner time is a good time to go, although I never have.

The longest wait we see is at the end of the cruise.

That depends a little on the itinerary though. On Alaska cruises, a lot of people have done land tours before boarding the ship. We found the laundry got very busy the first night. We threw a couple of loads in shortly after boarding, and beat the rush.

Archived