Did Most D/D+ get their ratings from 3-4 day cruises?

onlysister

I am, and I love it!

I took two cruises this year that were planned in advance....Celebrity Solstice and Oasis of the Seas. By the time this year is done, I will have also taken 3 last minute short cruises....2 on Majesty of the Seas, and 1 on Radiance of the Seas. Those 3 cruises were great last minute deals I could not ignore...and being here in Florida and driving to the port is what did it.

Oh stuff it!!!!!!:p:p:p

That is tooooooo funny. :D:D

We live in FL and are Diamond Plus. Only one of our cruises was a 4 day. All the rest, with one exception were 7 days. The other one was a 10 day.

Most of our cruises were also on balconies and several were in JS. We started off sailing on RCI when we lived Upstate NY. Our next cruise on Freedom will be our 30th credit, but once again we will be in a balcony.

It took us 9 cruises, 1 in a JS and 8 + years to make Diamond on RCCL. :)

If you see my signature, you will see two short cruises, several 11 night cruises,

a couple 14 nights B2B cruises and 1 seven night cruise.

Hi Alexis,

I didn't realise Dec was Diamond month. We're on a 5 dayer with the family, JS GTY. How many credits will we earn for that?

I'm Diamond, I live in Los Angeles, not Florida, I don't take short cruises since there are no more from my home port. I got to Diamond by cruising 7 days at a time in a JS. By the way, the Diamond is wasted on me, I have yet to step foot in a Diamond Lounge, I don't drink, and there's plenty of food to be found elsewhere on the ship. My husband and kids are also Diamond, same is true for all of them.:)

I might try out the Diamond Lounge on Freedom in April, just to say I did it. But all this uproar about D/D+ is pretty much wasted on me. I have priority boarding anyway due to the JS, so that's all I realy care about.:D

We just moved over to Florida two weeks ago, with the intent of being able to do last minute, low cost cruises, and plan to do Radiance in a couple of weeks. Before that, we only had one short cruise, but we lived close to Galveston, so we got to do at least one a year over there.

We are in a similar situation. We originally moved to southern California so we could cruise out of Long Beach but after we exhausted all the cruise opportunities (and got tired of Mexico) we moved to Florida. Had several choices when my company offered a promotion opportunity but selected Florida because of all the cruise ports.

We now cruise 4-5 times a year and love it.

Been cruising with RCI since 92 way before the doubling up we have 14 credits 2 credits were 5 day cruises the rest were 7-14 days, & only one was in a JS. Even tho most of our credits were before the double dipping I do not fault anyone how they accured their credits. RCI set the guide lines & those who took them up on it more power to them.

I've done one 3 day and one 4 day cruise my other 19 credits were earned on longer cruises. When you have to fly to port you look for longer cruises. But, I'm thinking of a 3 & 4 day back to back in a JS just so I can finally hit D+.

However, I am very envious of those who live in Florida and can take advantage of last minute deals on 3 & 4 day cruises. Oh well maybe someday (big sigh).

I do not fault anyone how they accured their credits. RCI set the guide lines & those who took them up on it more power to them.

Have to agree with you on this. People are following the guidelines set by RCI. Nothing wrong with that.

Our average days per cruise is just over 7.

We are at 19 cruise credits. All but one was 7 nights or longer. We usually book a JS or GS for two credits. We are doing b2b for 5 credits in December (first is a D2 for 2 credits and second in a JS for 3 credits). Taking advantage of the Diamonds in December event to get to D+. These are 4 and 5 night cruises.

How we got to where we are is in my signature below. Only two cruises were from our home state port of Galveston - and that still required flights to get there from our home in West Texas. Three were from San Juan, which is a very long and expensive flight. The most recent was our 12-night Med cruise from Barcelona. Again - long and expensive - but so worth it.

Can you earn 4 if your D or D+ in Dec.?

Yes. Go on a long cruise in a suite during December, and you will add one point to your total.

1 for the cruise, 1 for the suite, 1 for the length, 1 for December promotion.

I didn't add the Diamonds in December Event because, it only happens in December and you have to be D or D+ to earn that extra credit on cruises in December and I didn't think that was part of the OP's question.:o

Patti, I wasn't correcting you. I was answering FLACRUISER99's question. :)

Started in 2000 after the kids were out of school. Did a 7 day Caribbean once a year til we were totally smitten then branched out to Alaska, Hawaii, TA's. and the Med. Baltics etc. Finally made D+ a few years ago. We are doing a 4 and 5 day in December from Tampa after flying in.. We are within driving distance of Baltimore and Bayonne and have cruised out of both ports. Being able to live near the Florida ports would be wonderful and we'd take full advantage.

Our first cruise was in 2004 and we made Diamond after our April 2010 cruise. First cruise, we had a junior suite. Second cruise, we had a Grand Suite. We've never been on a cruise less than 7 days or more than 9 days. We have never sailed out of Florida, but have done several out of Galveston, which is about 4 hours from us. Two out of San Juan, one out of New Jersey and one out of Vancouver. Except for the two in suites, they've all been single credits.

So, I guess we made Diamond the old-fashioned way and it took 6 years. Six amazingly fun years!! ;):):D

We've done everything from 2 nights to 14, usually in a JS, but have had every other accomodation except for insides and the RFS (now the TS). Loads of cruises on Monarch until RCI took her away from us. Soon we'll have to fly to port like our Midwestern friends if we want to sail on RCI.:(

As a British cruiser we have had to get to D+ the hard way, in fact the very hard way because we have done 11 nights where you only get the same points as a long weekend.

Until recently we didn't have a full time ship based out of the UK so that meant flights from London to Florida and once you've gone that far you ight as well spend a bit of time on the ship.

Even now Independence is based in the UK they are still longer cruises, 11, 14 and 18 nights.

Henry :)

Diamond took 4 1/2 years with 8, 3 days, 1,7 day and 1, 5 day.

Daimond + took another 3 1/2 years, with 5, 3 days, one is a JS, 7, 7 days and 1, 8 day.

35 nights at sea to get to Diamond and 107 nights at sea to make Diamond Plus. Now, 18 months after making D+ we have 156 days at sea with 33 cruise credits, all on RCI

It took us 15 years to make Diamond with some three day cruises most have been 7 days or longer. Will make D+ with the December event.

As a British cruiser we have had to get to D+ the hard way, in fact the very hard way because we have done 11 nights where you only get the same points as a long weekend.

Until recently we didn't have a full time ship based out of the UK so that meant flights from London to Florida and once you've gone that far you ight as well spend a bit of time on the ship.

Even now Independence is based in the UK they are still longer cruises, 11, 14 and 18 nights.

Henry :)

Yep, have done an 11 night and another booked next year for 1 credit. Only Alaska cruises go from here, so we have to fly a long distance too. So, with no short cruises we finally got there.:)

What are "household" points? If it means if my husband gets some they get added to mine, that is not gonna happen, he doesn't cruise. afraid of heights, water, most foods in the dining rooms, etc...

They give the status to all people living in the household based on whomever is the highest. I think it only applies to spouses and kids, but I'm not certain.

In our case my wife has cruised with RCI more than I have (all have been 3 day trips on Monarch, with two on Freedom). She had six cruise credits on our last RCI cruise, I only had three. But we both had Platinum status based on her cruises.

While we love to cruise and do so often, every once in awhile I try to think of something different and when I add up the hotel room, without food, transportation and $$ to for entertainment is costs double what a weekend or sometimes 7 day cruise is. Disney is getting so costly even with the Florida discount.................and the extra baggage charges!

Are most of the Diamond members from Florida? Or at least very close to a port? Since I live so far away I feel it would be a waste for me to do the shorter cruises, but then again, maybe B2B would be an option...hmmmmm, might have to look into that. Just curious how people became diamond members and how long it took them. Short cruises? Suites? Short cruises in Suites? (would that be worth 2 points?) Thanks for any info on how to get my points up.

No we have a mix of everything. We pick the cruise by price and ports. We don't like the shorter cruises.( ie. A 3 day cruise is really a 1 day crusie. Day one embarkcation, day two your cruise and day three packing and getting ready to go home.) Oh we are Diamond Plus.

Archived