Oceania vs Ocean Princess

dwelsh

We have a dilemma!!

We have reservations on "Oceania Insignia" for their "Land of the Midnight Sun" cruise in June 2011 BUT have just discovered that a grandchild's graduation is scheduled at the same time. "Ocean Princess" has a similar itinerary sailing on a more convenient date.

On pricing the "P" cruise I find that the gross cost is actually more than the "O."

Considering that, IMHO, the value offered by "O" is much greater than "P," including four specialty dinners, soft drinks and water, butler service, high end bathroom toiletries and, as we know from experience, excellent cuisine.

Having read mixed reviews of the "P" and not having very much information about the services offered in the "P" cruise atlas we have we would like to have the views of pax who have sailed both lines on the main differences, pro and con. Thanks.

Are you comparing prices and value based on the great discounts you can get with a TA that specializes in Princess? Plus, when you book through some TAs, they give you perks which could include OBC, specialty dining, bottles of wines, special coupon book, etc.

Are you comparing prices and value based on the great discounts you can get with a TA that specializes in Princess? Plus, when you book through some TAs, they give you perks which could include OBC, specialty dining, bottles of wines, special coupon book, etc.

I got the prices from my regular TA and checked the "P" prices with a couple of on-line agents. They were all within a few $$$ with no great discounts or perks.

Archived