Explorer Cabin Location

betta128

We are going on our first cruise and wanted cabins next to each other or connecting cabins. They put us in connecting cabins 7374 & 7376 which is almost totally at the aft part of the ship. Should I change them to be closer to the hump area? I'm a little worried about how much we will feel the rocking. Has anyone stayed in either of these rooms?

Thanks for your help! :D

I much prefer aft to forward cabin myself, so that would not be a problem for me. Yes, it's a lot of walking but just think about all the calories you'll burn off going back and forth. Several of the other connecting D1 cabins are more forward which I would not change to. If you wanted to move, see if 7330/7332 or 7630/7632 are free. Those are just off the hump so more centrally located. Otherwise, I think you're fine.

I was in a cabin on the opposite side of the ship (same vicinty or directly across), and the movement of the ship was not a problem. It was a 9 night cruise, so after the first day or two, we got use to walking down the hallway to use room. We also like using the stairs, so that added to the walk, which helps us walk off all those extra pounds.

We are going on our first cruise and wanted cabins next to each other or connecting cabins. They put us in connecting cabins 7374 & 7376 which is almost totally at the aft part of the ship. Should I change them to be closer to the hump area? I'm a little worried about how much we will feel the rocking. Has anyone stayed in either of these rooms?

Thanks for your help! :D

No, you don't want those. Is there some reason you need D1 cabins? They are the most expensive.

You can get E1 cabins (8626 and 8628) on the edge of the hump. Much less expensive too

SeaUs quite honestly I have no idea about the different categories of rooms, and you would think that our TA would have told us about the E1 rooms. Is there much difference between E1's and D1's? I see that there is a small square footage difference but that doesn't matter to me.

SeaUs quite honestly I have no idea about the different categories of rooms, and you would think that our TA would have told us about the E1 rooms. Is there much difference between E1's and D1's? I see that there is a small square footage difference but that doesn't matter to me.

The small square footage is hardly noticeable. The E's have a love seat and the D's have a sofa.

I've sailed in both sizes and for the width of a couch cushion in the difference, take the E cabins.

As for why the TA didn't tell you about the E cabins, perhaps it has something to do with commission being a percentage of the fare? Just a guess.

Thanks everyone! I just switched to two E1 cabins on the hump, deck 8 and saved $640 on each cabin. They aren't right next to each other but thats fine. They are 8628 and 8618 I hope they turn out to be good ones.

Can't wait!! :D

Archived