Help flying PHL-PTP using FF points?

erdoran

US Air does it again! I had researched the itinerary and had a morning outbound PHL-YUL on US Air then YUL-PTP Air Canada same day, leaving YUL around 10 or 10:30 am. Return is kinda sucky, leaving PTP 3:40 pm Air Canada (I'd prefer morning) and requiring an overnight in YUL, then US Air back to PHL.

Well, bless US Air--just like last summer's BGI-PHL nonstop that turned into an overnight in CLT because of schedule changes, US Air has done the same thing to my outbound--they've done away with my morning flight to YUL, requiring me to overnight in both directions!

Does anyone have other thoughts? I have enough Delta and US Air miles. I do have American miles, but am saving them for something else.

Here's what I know:

I can get to PTP on Air Canada(YUL-PTO), Air France (MIA to PTP), or American (SJU to PTP). Air France would take AA miles and require overnights in MIA in both directions, so if I have to overnight I'm better off doing it with US Air itinerary.

Anyone know other routings, even creative ones, that might save me the double overnights, that would use US Air or Delta flights/partners? Dates, if it helps, are August 20, 2011 outbound, and I have to arrive by about 5 pm (or I'd fly in the day before if I have to, would prefer to overnight there than YUL). Return is Sept 3, 2011.

Thanks for any ideas you have!

Without doing the research, let's just put out there a simple concept to remember: Many many locations have limited service and PTP is one of them. Only 2 flights per week. So, recognize that you have to adapt to those very limited schedules. And forced overnights are a fact of life for many, many itineraries.

Also, AF would not take AA miles, but are a SkyTeam partner of DL. You would need to call DL to make that booking, as the DL website won't handle it.

Finally, if you look at the Wikipedia entry for PTP airport, you will see the VERY limited number of airlines that provide service. AF, AC, and AA seem to be your choices in the three alliances. Of course, there's also Cubana....

Thanks for the pointer. Last time I checked Air France had a partnership with American Airlines--in fact I had called Delta to ask them if they could help with my routing and they said they couldn't.

So I took your advice and called Delta, but it didn't help--Air France had no availability nine months out!! What good is a frequent flyer program that doesn't have seats available! I guess I am going to have to break down and sign up for that website you recommended a while ago--as rarely as I fly it doesn't seem worth it though!

Archived