honest opinions

angel_05_92001

Here's my honest opinion. I don't like the first dress at all and it's defnitely not 'formal' or even elegant, to me. I do like the second dress and it could be dressed up enough to fit in, though it's still not really formal (which I think you already know).

I do have questions as to whether either of these dresses would work on a plus-sized figure. I guess it depends on your age, bust size and just how 'fluffy' you are. I hate that dresses like this are sold in plus sizes but are shown on a regular or small figure. Also, I'm not plus-size, but I could never buy something like this without trying it on.

I haven't been on Carnival for a few years, but other 'casual' lines I've been on, like NCL, still have people dressed all the way from 'country club casual' to ball gowns on formal (elegant) nights. I'd rather be towards the more dressy side myself.

You look really nice. What kind of strapless bra did you wear? I wonder, I know that really expensive strapless gowns have what I call "ballistic bras" built right into the dress. I was watching a story about Helen Mirren and her Oscar dress. She showed it and she said the built in bra was like wearing armor. I wish they would do that kind of thing for a llot of strapless, spaghetti strapped or halter dresses. BTW, I'm 58 and I'm practically kneeing my puppies when not confined in a bra. Oh Well, at least when I take off my bra, the puppies fall so far that it takes all the wrinkles out of my face.

I know this is seriously off-topic but I have three little words for you.... breast reduction surgery. I had it a year and a half ago and am now wondering why I waited so long. Now I'm positively perky. :D

I know this is seriously off-topic but I have three little words for you.... breast reduction surgery. I had it a year and a half ago and am now wondering why I waited so long. Now I'm positively perky. :D

I had a reduction when I was 19 - it was fabulous! But then I gained weight in my 30s and now I need another one:rolleyes: (when I lose weight - I don't lose it in my boobs - yet it's the first place I gain)

Sorry but I stronly disagree with you on this. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

That's fine.

But you'll have to stronly disagree with Happy KS too as she also thinks the last dress looks like a sundress and not a dressy dress.

Archived