Two questions about the Sun

mmpgoodtogo

On January 8, 2011, we will be cruising on the Sun. Our last trip was in 2008 and I was wondering if they had updated the TVs in the cabins. We don't watch a ton of TV on the ship, but we both have just bad enough vision to make it irritating to watch on the tiny 13 inch screen. I may have also been spoiled by the flat screens on our RCL cruise in July. :)

Also, when I try and look at excursions on the NCL website, it just says that they are working on developing exciting excursions for the ports. I know I am a few weeks out, but online excursion booking wouldn't have closed yet would it? I wonder if this has something to do with the fact this is the last sailing before the Sun goes into dry dock. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

On January 8, 2011, we will be cruising on the Sun. Our last trip was in 2008 and I was wondering if they had updated the TVs in the cabins. We don't watch a ton of TV on the ship, but we both have just bad enough vision to make it irritating to watch on the tiny 13 inch screen. I may have also been spoiled by the flat screens on our RCL cruise in July. :)

Also, when I try and look at excursions on the NCL website, it just says that they are working on developing exciting excursions for the ports. I know I am a few weeks out, but online excursion booking wouldn't have closed yet would it? I wonder if this has something to do with the fact this is the last sailing before the Sun goes into dry dock. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Since you'll be sailing just before drydock it will be the same tv's that you experienced in 2008. We just finished b2b2b cruises on the Sun.

The NCL website is currently having some problems so you might want

to call the Shore Excursion number instead.

I can only speak to the TV part and I'd say it will most likely be the old tube style tvs (from what I saw in other rooms plus what others on here have said).

However, I've learned that you can't assume that everything is the same on an NCL ship as we had a new flat screen in our room 0067 in June. It was about a 17" inch screen as I recall. They had mounted it on the same big turntable that was in there for the old tube tv. People we knew in a suite had one old tv and one flat panel since that room had two tvs.

Archived