Prepare for the Bed Bugs on Carnival Inspiration

When i go on my future cruises i will have my own products to treat my own cabins before i settle in and my luggage prior to packing and leaving the ship, while on board i will cauntiously be aware of the possible presents of bed bugs and take precautions whenever i travel.

Just a few precautionary ideas that have been brought to my attention by a problem i encountered durring my last cruise with carvival cruise lines.

Bed bugs on board......

what kind of presents were you expecting that they give you? it isnt christmas yet!!

Dear OP-

I've read your posts over on the bb forum.

Until "the dog" told me I had "a problem" I didn't think about bbs.

Then when I found out "the treatment" I called in a 2nd exterminator...because I wasn't going to have the treatment until I was absolutely, beyond the shadow of a doubt sure I had bbs.

Well..it turns out the dog had made a false positive.

Long story short....it would have been easier for me to divorce my husband and move to a studio apt in Alaska, without one item that a I own......than go thru the treatment. (I hate cold weather...that's why I picked Alaska.)

Until someone is faced with the situation...a bed bug is just "another bug".

So, you might as well stop posting here...because the cheerleaders have no idea of what they are talking about.

yes, we do know what we are talking about. luckily the junk the OP is using is ineffective.

DDT would pretty much guarantee a kill, but some tree huggers didn't like what it was doing to the environment and people in general.

If you use the proper chemicals in the proper strength, they might work. If not in sufficient strength, all you are going to do is contribute to creating a chemical resistant bedbug (think of all the antibiotics and anti-bacterial crap people use).

When that happens (not if), I will be looking for Tom and others to provide ME with compensation.

There is a much better reason for OP to stop posting. His postings have made no sense. One bite (which later became bites) and a bug he knows was a bedbug because the porter told him! Can you imagine that, a whole case built up on the word of a porter! No wonder the purser's desk did not give him much attention.

Does anyone have a good idea on what OP means by a porter? Someone who came up to cart away his luggage? But that would have been in the middle of the night.

Of course, I could be wrong. OP could have found the one porter in the coastal U.S. (or on the ship?) who is also an entomologist. Perhaps a professor with a second career?

Bill

yes, we do know what we are talking about. luckily the junk the OP is using is ineffective.

DDT would pretty much guarantee a kill, but some tree huggers didn't like what it was doing to the environment and people in general.

If you use the proper chemicals in the proper strength, they might work. If not in sufficient strength, all you are going to do is contribute to creating a chemical resistant bedbug (think of all the antibiotics and anti-bacterial crap people use).

When that happens (not if), I will be looking for Tom and others to provide ME with compensation.

Then you would know how rampant bbs are in hotels. And all a cruise ship is, is a floating hotel.

I don't know the OP...and didn't bother reading the entire thread. And I think the OP was kind of questioned on the bed bug forum too....

However, if Carnival did a complete extermination....the ship would be out of commission for several weeks.

And it's so easy for these things to spread......

I'm still in a panic due to "my scare"....

Then you would know how rampant bbs are in hotels. And all a cruise ship is, is a floating hotel.

I don't know the OP...and didn't bother reading the entire thread. And I think the OP was kind of questioned on the bed bug forum too....

However, if Carnival did a complete extermination....the ship would be out of commission for several weeks.

And it's so easy for these things to spread......

I'm still in a panic due to "my scare"....

Perhaps in New York bed bugs are rampant.

A complete extermination is not necessary. There was and is no infestation.

Bed bug panic and phobia is definitely rampant.

I'm still baffled by this whole thing. If I thought for one minute that the bug on a robe in my cabin was indeed a bedbug, the first thing I'd do is go straight to the bed to see if there were some on the bed. Once doing a complete check, I would blow it off if I found nothing, (I'd probbaly do a quick check on the carpet and drapes to be sure) or totally freak if I found some on that bed....then I would tell someone at the front desk and have them come to the cabin and see for themselves with me there...The rest I'd have to worry about after (My clothing/luggage, and all that)

I just can't imagine not thinking to even look at the mattress. This seems very bizarre to me and it's why I just don't buy the story.

I think this guys markets/sells insecticides....:rolleyes:

I just want others to be aware of the bed bug problem on cruise ships, I new nothing about bed bugs until there was one in my cabin, I new nothing about products to treat for bed bugs untill i did the research and talked to bug people.

Carnival cruise lines is aware of bed bugs on their ships, read some of the other posts from others who posted problems, Carnival treats for them regularly, Guest services told me so.

I just wanted their trained staff to help me their paying customer, treat my luggage after i found a bed bug in my cabin on their ship before i went to my home, pretty simple, Carnival REFUSED to help us and told us to call their 800 number in Miami, thats just WRONG.

I also want to be compensaited for my out of pocket expenses to treat our own luggage, precautions I had to take to make sure their bugs didnt infest our homes, the time we continue to spend on this problem and bed bug bites on my scalp. SIMPLE

I have to say this. bed bug bites on scalp. are you sure it is not lice . what about scabies. Bed bugs do not normally bite scalps and from what I have learned you get one bite you got tons not one or two. Could it have been a bite from a bug on a island you went too?

I just want others to be aware of the bed bug problem on cruise ships, I new nothing about bed bugs until there was one in my cabin, I new nothing about products to treat for bed bugs untill i did the research and talked to bug people.

Carnival cruise lines is aware of bed bugs on their ships, read some of the other posts from others who posted problems, Carnival treats for them regularly, Guest services told me so.

I just wanted their trained staff to help me their paying customer, treat my luggage after i found a bed bug in my cabin on their ship before i went to my home, pretty simple, Carnival REFUSED to help us and told us to call their 800 number in Miami, thats just WRONG.

I also want to be compensaited for my out of pocket expenses to treat our own luggage, precautions I had to take to make sure their bugs didnt infest our homes, the time we continue to spend on this problem and bed bug bites on my scalp. SIMPLE

I absolutely believe Carnival is RIGHT and you are WRONG.

Hopefully Carnival will start to have a backbone when it comes to caving in to shakedowns.

I continue to wait and see if bed bugs show up in our homes before i make a final decision on what im going to do.

Its cost $1052 out of pocket currently for treatment and products.

I didnt even know i had bites on my scalp untill my girlfriend found them when we inspected each others bodys after the tv guys left.

I sent pictures of the bites to the tv people and my lawyer to look at, They just look like bug bites to me.

I dont know anything about lice or scabies, the bite marks i had healed themselfes a few days later.

Quit your whining already, Tom. I posted earlier that I got off of the Sensation with bites. Not 1 or 2 Tom but MANY on my feet, legs, chest, neck and my back. Some sort of creatures bit me, but who am I to say what?? Or where, since I was at the beach in Freeport. I never caught the "bug/s" and I'm not an entomologist so who's to say. So Tom, do you have the dead bug? I'm guessing not:rolleyes:

As others have stated, when you're in an infested area, your chances of only getting 1 or 2 bites are slim-none. I've been off of the ship now for 10 days and I'm still itching. I can't find any evidence of "creatures" in my bed, so should I keep whining about it...HE!! NO. Get over it Tom, let your lame thread die and let's discuss things that are less senseless then this hogwash.

I continue to wait and see if bed bugs show up in our homes before i make a final decision on what im going to do.

I didnt even know i had bites on my scalp untill my girlfriend found them when we inspected each others bodys after the tv guys left.

I sent pictures of the bites to the tv people and my lawyer to look at, They just look like bug bites to me.

I dont know anything about lice or scabies, the bite marks i had healed themselfes a few days later.

Lawyer? And tv Not dermatologist or Alergist? Really

Quit your whining already, Tom. I posted earlier that I got off of the Sensation with bites. Not 1 or 2 Tom but MANY on my feet, legs, chest, neck and my back. Some sort of creatures bit me, but who am I to say what?? Or where, since I was at the beach in Freeport. I never caught the "bug/s" and I'm not an entomologist so who's to say. So Tom, do you have the dead bug? I'm guessing not:rolleyes:

As others have stated, when you're in an infested area, your chances of only getting 1 or 2 bites are slim-none. I've been off of the ship now for 10 days and I'm still itching. I can't find any evidence of "creatures" in my bed, so should I keep whining about it...HE!! NO. Get over it Tom, let your lame thread die and let's discuss things that are less senseless then this hogwash.

I do not know what bit you but. Make sure to wash everything in hot water and also try using baby wash and baby lotion and stuff on your skin. It is gentle and has less crap in it . So I find it tends to make the skin feel better Also try benadryl at bedtime. It helps with sleep scratching also take a claritin or zytrec during the day. A allergy pill should help stop scratching.

Any clue as to how many bugs are out there? Could be anything :rolleyes:, and you don't even know when it happened.

Since you most likely brought the infestation on board with you, are you willing to pay Carnival for fumigation of your cabin?

Archived