cruise depression

The Fox

Hi ,

I am suffering from cruise depression.had my last cruise in August on the jewel and do not have another one booked until february 2012 on the Radiance of the Seas......Although we are going to Phuket mid 2011 I really dont think I can go over 12 months without a cruise.I know I am addicted to cruising but 12 months without a cruise ...thats definate withdrawal symptoms.

can anyone go that long without a cruisr?

Col:confused:

I know exactly what you mean and every morning I start up at my hubby about a cruise Ive seen and he reminds me that we are supposed to be trying to live within our means and scale down the credit card.:mad:

If I was rich I'd spend 8-9 months a year cruising

Hi ,

I am suffering from cruise depression.had my last cruise in August on the jewel and do not have another one booked until february 2012 on the Radiance of the Seas......Although we are going to Phuket mid 2011 I really dont think I can go over 12 months without a cruise.I know I am addicted to cruising but 12 months without a cruise ...thats definate withdrawal symptoms.

Hi Col know what you mean, only been home 12 days and it feels like a life time ago, you & Di could always join us in January or July to keep your depression at bay!! Fred & Rob:D:D

Hi Col know what you mean, only been home 12 days and it feels like a life time ago, you & Di could always join us in January or July to keep your depression at bay!! Fred & Rob:D:D

Hi Rob,

If we could we would be there in a heartbeat....both those months are prime work time 4 us.

I must have been asleep when Jacky talked us into the phuket holiday..

Col:)

I am struggling to make it from September till my next cruise in April. It is nearly 7 months between cruises.

Hey Paul, It's great to see someone from the USA popping in to contribute to the AU/NZ section of the CC boards. We often get some of your fellow country men/women dropping by to ask questions when they are planning a cruise out this way. Generally though, it's mostly Aussies and NZers here.

It's great to see you! :D:D:D

We have a cruise booked on Pac. Sun in September, going to Asia, which is tentative at the moment. It will depend on whether we can get leave. If we can't do that one, we hope to do the Christmas/New Year Radiance one to NZ. That would be fantastic! But again it depends on work :(. So although we cruised last August, it may be much more than a year before we go again. At least planning possible cruises help to stave off the depression :rolleyes:

I find as long as you have one to look forward to i dont get too depressed...I booked our upcoming cruise about 2 months after our last one so we didnt need to get too down about it....I find the waiting the hard part, until you get into the last couple of months..i love that part of the countdown :)

Nooooo! My affliction is getting worse too. DH is always reminding us that we need to conserve assets....while I am reading the travel papers going, look at this, and this and this...if only he would retire I promise to save us a fortune when we can cruise at a moments notice and take advantage of bargains...sadly he doesn't quite buy the argument. All he can see is me spending our travel budget in the first 12months instead of 12 years.:eek:

That said there are some great bargains around, next Christmas on P and O is very reasonable but I have three booked at the moment so I had better not even broach the subject yet.

Nooooo! My affliction is getting worse too. DH is always reminding us that we need to conserve assets....while I am reading the travel papers going, look at this, and this and this...if only he would retire I promise to save us a fortune when we can cruise at a moments notice and take advantage of bargains...sadly he doesn't quite buy the argument. All he can see is me spending our travel budget in the first 12months instead of 12 years.:eek:

That said there are some great bargains around, next Christmas on P and O is very reasonable but I have three booked at the moment so I had better not even broach the subject yet.

My husband and your husband could compare notes- I ve had the brakes put on me too,

but we are booked for Pacific Sun Next year 30 August -11 September- Indonesia.

I can't fathom how to do one of those signature boxes

Hi ,I am suffering from cruise depression.had my last cruise in August on the jewel and do not have another one booked until february 2012 on the Radiance of the Seas......Although we are going to Phuket mid 2011 I really dont think I can go over 12 months without a cruise.I know I am addicted to cruising but 12 months without a cruise ...thats definate withdrawal symptoms.can anyone go that long without a cruise?Col:confused:

Tell me about it Col:D

It happens to us all.

As Jas said... as long as you have one to look forward to... its amazing how quickly that time comes around.

In the meantime , cruise deprived people;) , can get their daily fix on the boards.

The other thing I have noticed is that by reading the boards we can all become a little cruise "savvy" and share special cruise's that are coming up, that either offer somewhere different , or are at a good price.

One a year is fine for me.:) The only year I didn't do a cruise was 2008, but did a 35 night B2B in Feb/March of 2009.

I booked our 2012 cruise while on the Rhaposdy in April, and thought, how am I going to cope for 2 years?:eek:

Then I planned my holiday for next year and didn't plan on doing a cruise, but after doing some sums, it was cheaper to do a 7 night cruise on Carnival than stay in a hotel in Chicago or Washington DC for a week!!

One a year is fine for me.:) The only year I didn't do a cruise was 2008, but did a 35 night B2B in Feb/March of 2009.

I booked our 2012 cruise while on the Rhaposdy in April, and thought, how am I going to cope for 2 years?:eek:

Then I planned my holiday for next year and didn't plan on doing a cruise, but after doing some sums, it was cheaper to do a 7 night cruise on Carnival than stay in a hotel in Chicago or Washington DC for a week!!

Yes I can believe that -there are some good deals on cruises from New York to the Bahamas, Bermuda and New England

Hi ,

Exact same position as you, Jewel this July just gone and booked for Feb 2012. Guess we are in this together lol - we can form a support group if your in sydney :P

Just try and find a reason to enjoy the wait - I have. Having a "booking party" next weekend, organised a dinner for 12months to go. and the 16th of July (6months to go) will be another party. :P To make the party more interesting i found a ice cube tray (youtube or google image "Gin & Titonic" - makes 4 iceberg & 4 titanic shaped icecubes @ a time) lol.

I am also using the time to save hard and hopefully buy a Tag watch on my next one - if i am lucky!

Archived