Crown Princess mini suites/suites

boomonster

We are looking at maybe trying Princess (Crown)for the first time and just had a couple questions before we jump. And I apologize if asked before. Are there any obstructed view minisuites / suites? I cant tell from the deckplans. They are offering guarentees and location isnt really an issue but an obstruction is. Also I know with booking late( like 45 days out ) you usually can't get a table for 2 during assigned dining. Can you switch to anytime dining once on ship if they can't accommadate you? Also if we dont do this last minute cruise and book a later one , like maybe summer, if the price goes down on your catergory (which I haven't figured out theirs yet) can you get a price adjustment, upgrade, or OBC? . We are looking for some last minute deals in January but had some questions , so thanks in advance:)

No obstructed view mini-suites. The cabins are exactly the same no matter which category mini-suite you book. The difference is location. The AD mini-suites are on Emerald deck and have covered balconies. They are very quiet and private. The rest of the mini-suites are on Dolphin deck; they have uncovered balconies and aren't private as anyone in any cabin above can see the entire balcony.

We are looking at maybe trying Princess (Crown)for the first time and just had a couple questions before we jump. And I apologize if asked before. Are there any obstructed view minisuites / suites? I cant tell from the deckplans. They are offering guarentees and location isnt really an issue but an obstruction is. Also I know with booking late( like 45 days out ) you usually can't get a table for 2 during assigned dining. Can you switch to anytime dining once on ship if they can't accommodate you? Yes.

Also if we don't do this last minute cruise and book a later one , like maybe summer, if the price goes down on your category (which I haven't figured out theirs yet) can you get a price adjustment, upgrade, or OBC? . We are looking for some last minute deals in January but had some questions , so thanks in advance:)

Up until final payment, if the price drops, yes, you can have your price adjusted. However, one thing you may not realize is that travel agents can (and do!) discount Princess fares, so you can find a much better deal with a good discount TA than booking directly with Princess. That said, generally, if the price drops, you still get an adjustment off the price you pay the TA, too. After final payment, price drops are generally only last-minute sales for new bookings so don't count on those. Also, Princess doesn't offer OBC but many TAs do.

Hope this helps.

note that also suites and balcony state rooms of back of ship have support beems going through them take up room and can not see when sitting in some part of balcony

So the beams are on the balcony or in the room ?Is the beam to the side of the balcony or smack dab in the middle , that I can sit on one side and not see hubby at all? Haven't had coffee yet a little confused. Or is it not obstructive at all? Thanks

No obstructed view mini-suites. The cabins are exactly the same no matter which category mini-suite you book. The difference is location. The AD mini-suites are on Emerald deck and have covered balconies. They are very quiet and private. The rest of the mini-suites are on Dolphin deck; they have uncovered balconies and aren't private as anyone in any cabin above can see the entire balcony.

If you like to get sun, choose a category on Dolphin Deck, as all of the mini's have uncovered balconies. You will also enjoy the moon and the stars above at night with nothing covering your balcony. If you prefer more privacy with a covered balcony, Emerald deck mini's are the way to go. The very aft cabins on either port or starboard side of Dolphin and Emerald deck have extra long balconies. These cabins are very hard to get as they are sought after every cruise! If these are available, try to grab one of them!!

So the beams are on the balcony or in the room ?Is the beam to the side of the balcony or smack dab in the middle , that I can sit on one side and not see hubby at all? Haven't had coffee yet a little confused. Or is it not obstructive at all? Thanks

Lots of beam info here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951

Lot's of good info in that link - Thanks Colo Cruiser

My wife and I had Vista suite D736 on the Ruby back in 2009 (it is identical to D736 on the Crown) The balcony in HUGE. The beam was a total non-issue. It did not pose any problems for us whatsoever. IMHO the Vista suites are the best Princess has to offer. If you have the funds, go for one of those.

Our other cruises on this class of ship have all been mini-suites on Dolphin deck. As others have said the balconies are completely uncovered - perfect if you like the sun, not so if you like privacy. I would point out that we tend to spend a lot of time on our balcony seldom had people above us on their balconies - early morning and early evening were the most common times. Mini-suites on Emerald deck are completely covered so this wouldn't be an issue. As already stated by others - no obstructions at all on any mini-suite.

Hope this info helps, and whatever you decide -ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!

CPW

Archived