LIVE from the Eclipse 11/20-27/10 !!

Sailaways_

(shhh, I'm a few days early - just pretend you didn't notice) :p

I will be LIVE from the Eclipse on her very first 7 day Caribbean starting on Saturday, 11/20. I've sailed on both Solstice and Equinox and am really looking forward to Eclipse and seeing how she differs from her sisters. (I'm the kind of nut who notices those little details, so you'll hear about 'em!) The ports on this cruise (San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts) aren't really important to us because we've been many times before, so the ship is the real attraction on this cruise. We plan to try Qsine and Tuscan Grille, both of which should be fun and different. I'm totally looking forward to ordering dinner with an ipad! Lastly, I know people are wondering whether or not Celebrity will still stop at St. Kitts, so I'll update on that situation too.

I will try to post updates daily about what's going on onboard. if any one has any questions about the ship, activities, formal nights, etc. please post them here and I will definitely do my very best to answer them. I'll make a list of questions before I leave Saturday and try to answer them and anything else that anyone might want to know during the week.

This is the second time I have tried a live from so hopefully the internet-at-sea gods will cooperate! fingers crossed!

Let's go cruising!! :D

(shhh, I'm a few days early - just pretend you didn't notice) :p

I will be LIVE from the Eclipse on her very first 7 day Caribbean starting on Saturday, 11/20. I've sailed on both Solstice and Equinox and am really looking forward to Eclipse and seeing how she differs from her sisters. (I'm the kind of nut who notices those little details, so you'll hear about 'em!) The ports on this cruise (San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts) aren't really important to us because we've been many times before, so the ship is the real attraction on this cruise. We plan to try Qsine and Tuscan Grille, both of which should be fun and different. I'm totally looking forward to ordering dinner with an ipad! Lastly, I know people are wondering whether or not Celebrity will still stop at St. Kitts, so I'll update on that situation too.

I will try to post updates daily about what's going on onboard. if any one has any questions about the ship, activities, formal nights, etc. please post them here and I will definitely do my very best to answer them. I'll make a list of questions before I leave Saturday and try to answer them and anything else that anyone might want to know during the week.

This is the second time I have tried a live from so hopefully the internet-at-sea gods will cooperate! fingers crossed!

Let's go cruising!! :D

Well then, you're my kind of nut. :D Viva les details!

We will be sailing on the Eclipse on a back-to-back starting January 15th, 2011 so I will relish every post, and have already subscribed to this thread. We're sailing with some first-time cruisers, and I don't want to miss a thing the Eclipse has to offer.

I'd like especially to know what time the shows are on formal nights, and on the night you sail away from St. Kitts. I'm looking forward to what you think about the quality of the performers.

Also, if you can post who the musicians are, and if they are likely to still be on the Eclipse in January, I will be very grateful.

Have a wonderful cruise. I look forward to reading your posts!

Hi Sailaways !

I'm eager to hear about Qsine, and if there are any differences from her 2 Sisters. I look forward to your reports. Have a wonderful Cruise.

Welcome aboard - almost!!! One day to go. We will be on her with you. It will be fun to read post cruise what our cruise is like from another perspective. :)

Not sure if you stopped by the roll call or not, but there are a few things planned for the week that might be of interest. See you on board!!!!

I'll be on Eclipse January 15 so I'll be following your posts, but also:

If you run across a newlywed couple from Central NY (Liverpool), (Kristen & Josh), to be exact, tell them someone from Auburn, NY says hello.

We are looking forward to reading your posts as we are on her the following week 11/27/10.

DH and I are really curious what kinds of activities they will have on board. We have read the dailys from Solstice so we are wondering if it is much different.

Thanks in advance/

Lucy

ps sorry just realized posted under dh name

Hi,

we'll be on the Eclipse on the 27th of Nov. Please will you let us know which nights are formal.

We did 14 days on the Eclipse from southampton in august she is beautiful. We hope you will have a lovely time.

Have you registered for a cruise critic meeting/party? In August the Cruise critic 'party' was on the back deck just off the ocean view cafe and nothing was organised by celebrity for it even though they put the time and date in our stateroom consequently we haven't registered for this one ( mainly because to be honest it was a bit embarrasing, everyone just stood around awkwardly). We would be interested to know if this is what normally happens as we don't want to appear unfriendly if we happen to meet any of you.

We found the best place to meet people were the captain's club events Celebrity did a really good job of the two we went to.( we are quite new to cruising so still only select)

Have a lovely holiday.

Hi Sailaways,

I will be following your live reports from Eclipse too.

Since you have been on two other S-class ships, I was wondering if you could help me with one quick question. Is the deck plan IDENTICAL across all S-class ships?

Reason: I have been doing some research based on the cabin spreadsheet CC members compiled for Solstice. I would like to book AQ rooms 1636 and 1638 for our upcoming cruise on Eclipse, but wanted to make sure that the balcony space between these two cabins are not blocked by a support column. (got two young children.)

If AQ #1636 and #1638 on Solstice are not blocked by a huge support column, does it mean I am OK with Eclipse?

Thanks. And more importantly, have fun!.

CM

pls say HI to Peter, Putu and Rosa, the bartenders at the Martini Bar...and have a lychee martini or ask Peter if he remembers how to prepare a Petertini... give them our regards from Panama...Rosana, Victoria and Monica...

Hey all,

Took a short break from packing to check out this thread and make a list of your questions. I have a lot so far, but if anyone has any more, please post and I'll work on getting you answers when I'm onboard! Thanks so much for all the bon voyage wishes too - you guys are sweet! :D

And without further adieu, I am proud to share my list of questions to investigate onboard.

Bbmdschmidt would like to know…

Captain, CD, & Captain’s Club Hostess for this sailing

Elena7seas would like to know…

Showtime on formal nights & St. Kitts night, quality of performers, and who the musicians are (and if they’re onboard in January). And lots of details (check! ;))

Laurieb, Host Andy, & Librarylady19 would like to know…

Thoughts on Qsine food

Host Andy & Happy Clam would like to know…

Differences between Eclipse and her sisters

Trainerdude would like to know…

What kind of activities onboard

Didicruiser would like to know…

Any secrets!

Welshfamily would like to know…

What nights are formal, Connections party info

Curiousmind would like to know…

If the deck plan is identical across all S-class ships. This one I’ll answer right now: as far as I know – and have seen – the deck plan is identical. Perhaps someone who has experience with these specific cabins will correct me on this, but I think if you’ve checked the spreadsheets and there were no complaints, I think you’re good! You also might want to check out Andreas Depping’s photos of the S-class ships (if you google they shouldn’t be too hard to find), and see if you can spot your cabin on the large ship shots. That should tell you if you have anything to worry about!

Alexsarasota would like to know…

If the close chairs in Blu are a problem. I’ll try to answer this one now, sorta. We are not in AQ, and we haven’t tried it on our other S-class cruises either. I have sat at the dreaded close tables for two in the MDR, and they’re alright. Is it dumb how they placed these tables? Yeah, kinda. Will it ruin your cruise? Nah. You can definitely hear the other tables’ conversations, but you don’t have to talk to them if you don’t want to. Personally, I think it’s mainly awkward when a table steadfastly ignores the other tables’ existence by talking loudly and acting like they ARE at a super private table. It’s like, hello, it’s pretty hard to ignore this vaguely weird situation, so roll with it. a polite head nod or hello wouldn’t kill ya either! Okay, I’ll stop the editorializing now, but you get what I mean. :o

Vicmon would like to know…

Say hi to the Martini bar bartenders! Ed note: but no martinis for me, not quite old enough yet. :o

Librarylady19 would like to know…

The St. Kitts situation

Pasto5 would like to know…

What to expect on X. Gosh, I could write pages here, but I’ll refrain because it’s getting late and I should get back to packing. Maybe some other friendly X fans can help me out here? Expect polished, lovely service, fantastic food, beautiful ships, well-designed cabins, and best of all, those little special touches that make a good cruise into a wonderful cruise. Read the boards here to pick up some hints and tips, try not to get too worried about the hot button topics (dress code, smoking, etc. – trust me, the cruise will be nothing like that stuff!), and go with an open mind and a great attitude. Trust me, you’ll have a great time.

Alright, I have babbled enough for now. But, this time I feel I'm justified - it is officially the first day of this live from, after all! ;)

Happy sailaway day!!

Archived