Shareholder benefit??

punkybett

How long in advance of the cruise should I send in my request for shareholder benefit? I have 3 cruises in Jan/Feb 2011 - do I need to request them all separately?

A few years back (that said in case they've changed) I sent mine in 3 months in advance. They wouldn't accept it. Said too much could change in the next 3 months (in case I sell 'em I assume they meant) and needed one within the last month. So now I get a printout of the latest statement approximately one month pre-cruise and fax it to 'em.

Iv sent in multiple requests for as far out as a year. I save them up and when Im close to cruising on one that doesnt have it already applied, then I apply for all the booked cruises I havent yet done it on at the same time.

Iv certainly applied more than 3 months out and had it applied. np.

I have a cruise in early Feb... and I have everything ready to fax to them in mid December... I always do it about 45 days in advance. I don't think I've ever seen a time frame!!!

Then I always carry proof with me on the cruise... something that's dated with a few days of the cruise...

I have a cruise in early Feb... and I have everything ready to fax to them in mid December... I always do it about 45 days in advance. I don't think I've ever seen a time frame!!!

Then I always carry proof with me on the cruise... something that's dated with a few days of the cruise...

Must be just me then.

Even on our last cruise to Hawaii in September it didn't show up on our account on the T.V. I went to the Purser's desk and asked them to check on it. They asked me for proof...I didn't even think to take it so didn't have it. (I will from now as you suggest.) They emailed Miami and two days later it appeared on our account.

On each of our last 3 cruises they have asked that I wait and send my shareholder proof in no earlier than 3 months prior to sailing. I know on previous sailings I sent it in for several cruises at the same time and had no issues getting it credited but that hasn't been the case in the last year. I also bring a copy of the brokerage statement with us when we sail just in case they screw it up when we get on board :)

I usually do it two months before the cruise. We only had a problem one time and that was when we booked a cruise one WEEK out...I sent the info, had confirmation, but when we got on the ship it wasn't showing. I had them contact Miami and they said it still wasn't showing. However, I had carried the e-mail address with me: guest_solutions@carnival.com and I sent my own email and it was applied within a couple of hours.

...sharing a cabin, can each of them get the shareholder's credit, or is it one per cabin?

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

One per cabin. And how do I know this? Naive me thought, when we originally bought the shares....Hey, I'll buy 100 shares each for my wife and I, and get $200 per cruise. Nope...didn't work.

However, a few times we took our children and their spouses and according to our bookings, my daughter and I were in one cabin and my wife and my daughter's husband were in the other. We did get $100 per cabin on that cruise. (And were called perverts for the rest of the cruise.:D)

One per cabin.

However, a few times we took our children and their spouses and according to our bookings, my daughter and I were in one cabin and my wife and my daughter's husband were in the other. We did get $100 per cabin on that cruise.

Since we have 2 cabins (4 of us traveling together) I am thinking to change the booking to just the way you've described it, having each stockholder in a different cabin. I know once we board we can rearrange the actual cabins.

Thanks!

...sharing a cabin, can each of them get the shareholder's credit, or is it one per cabin?

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

same like FCC OBC .. we are lucky enough that Carnival still allows combining of OBCs .. RCL has mostly stopped it.

btw all of these OBCs if you cruise solo .. you get half of the stated amount. bah humbug on Carnival for this.

I have $50 OBC for my 5 day Ecstasy but the other pax will be a no show. Im told that Carnival will remove $25 of the OBC once the other pax does not board, even though Im now paying 200%.

We sent in ours dated Sept for cruises in March and May. Both were credited although it is possible that they could request a resubmission for the May sailing in the spring. The first submission was dated last spring and I was asked to submit something more current. And I'm not sure that you would lose half of the stock OBC is the second person sailing doesn't board- both husband and I received individual credit (one for each cabin) and it was listed for each of us seperately as opposed to the future travel credit which was divided into $50 and $50- one for me, one for the second passenger in the cabin.

We sent in ours dated Sept for cruises in March and May. Both were credited although it is possible that they could request a resubmission for the May sailing in the spring. The first submission was dated last spring and I was asked to submit something more current. And I'm not sure that you would lose half of the stock OBC is the second person sailing doesn't board- both husband and I received individual credit (one for each cabin) and it was listed for each of us seperately as opposed to the future travel credit which was divided into $50 and $50- one for me, one for the second passenger in the cabin.

Well, if I wasnt sure I wouldnt have said it .. sounds like you are confused. The OBC that is shown to be for the cabin, true, half will post to each person. HALF. i.e. if the 2nd person does not board, then the OBC for that person will not post. I checked this with Carnival btw who is the one who told me half the OBC will be removed. Not that Carnival is always right, but I will go with their answer.

The OBC says per CABIN BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY if you read the blurb. Many of the solos have also posted that they are unhappy with FCC and stockholder's credit being half, even though we pay 200%. How many solo cruises have you done?

same like FCC OBC .. we are lucky enough that Carnival still allows combining of OBCs .. RCL has mostly stopped it.

btw all of these OBCs if you cruise solo .. you get half of the stated amount. bah humbug on Carnival for this.

It does sting not getting the full amount when sailing solo. I have always made mention of it in the past on comment cards and in post cruise letters, yet, knowing that it will never change:(

Well, if I wasnt sure I wouldnt have said it .. sounds like you are confused. The OBC that is shown to be for the cabin, true, half will post to each person. HALF. i.e. if the 2nd person does not board, then the OBC for that person will not post. I checked this with Carnival btw who is the one who told me half the OBC will be removed. Not that Carnival is always right, but I will go with their answer.

The OBC says per CABIN BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY if you read the blurb. Many of the solos have also posted that they are unhappy with FCC and stockholder's credit being half, even though we pay 200%. How many solo cruises have you done?

Well- my stock holders OBC is listed in my name only. The FCC is half and half. Won't have the opportunity to see what would happen but since they seem to have listed it in two ways, I think that there is at least a good chance that it would be handled differently. And yes it is true Firefly- I didn't check to see who had answered this so I didn't realize that the resident expert had. Sorry.

Archived