MTD - how long is dinner?

Tried searching for this, but didn't work. We have standing MTD reservations for 6:45 PM on our upcoming Enchantment trip. We like seeing the shows - will we be able to finish dinner in time for to see the second show? I do like eating in the dining room, although I have to admit that a 2 to 2 1/2 dinner is, for me, a bit long! :o (I will be doing the long dinner when I take my husband to Chops, though....)

If you ask the servers to pick up the pace of the service, they can usually accommodate you and have you out in an hour or so. Let them know what time the show is that you're trying to catch, and they'll do what they can.

They set up the shows so that you'll be able to see the first show, before dinner. However, I completely understand that most people would rather eat and then see the show. I would say the average dinner length was about an hour. There was one night when the waiters and chefs come out and sing and parade around the room. That night definitely slowed the pace and took nearly two hours, but that was certainly not the norm.

Also, formal night took a bit longer because 1) a lot of people ask for extra lobsters and the like, lol, and 2) pretty much EVERYONE celebrates whatever they took the cruise to celebrate that night, so your waiter is going to be off singing a whole lot of "Happy Birthday"! ;)

We had MTD on the Adventure last year and loved it. Dinner can be as short (or long) as you like. Sometimes DH and I would take an hour, other times we'd take closer to an hour and a half. We never had any problems catching the shows (they have two showtimes).

Just returned from the Serenade and we did MTD. We had a table for 12 so it was quite large and quite a task to keep up with the table. I think the longest dinner ever took was 2 hr. Most nights it was right at a hour and a half.

One thing that does slow things down is when people order more than one appetizer. They normally just bring out one, wait till you are completely done and bring out the next. It is like adding another course to the meal. We did have a couple night we told our waiter that we needed to be out at a certain time and he picked up the pace. On the last night there was only one farewell show. We had 6:15 reservations and 7:45 show. We told him ahead and he ask if it was ok to bring out more than one appetizer at a time. He had us out in time to do the show. Our waiter Joseph was the best!! (missed him tonight when I had to make my own meals)

Archived