Ground Transfer's Waitlist?

Camlott

I had booked ground transfers direct through RCI for only the return portion. I later moved my reservation over to my TA and when I got ready to make final payment my ground transportation had disappeared from the reservation.

My TA re-entered the ground transportation but now it shows "waitlist", and I have my e-docs and there are no vouchers yet I was charged for the transfers?!?

My TA is on a cruise of her own right now, so I will talk to her when she gets back (plenty of time still). When will we know if we are going to have RCI transportation? If I am not going to be able to use their transfers then I need to make my own arrangements. Also, since I already paid for then transfers when should I expect a refund assuming they are full?

If you'd booked it yourself you would have had all these answers already because you could have just called RCI and asked them.

This is a perfect example of being hung out to dry by a TA while they off galvanting doing god knows what.

:rolleyes:

HUH? Are TA's not allowed to go on vacations?

HUH? Are TA's not allowed to go on vacations?

Why sure they can!

Which is what makes them a horrible choice to be someone overseeing mine!

If I call a cruiseline direct with a problem I'm not going to get someone's voice mail because the booking agents all took the week off.

RCI just needs to re-enter your flight info. Happens all the time when TAs take over reservations. Just one more reason to keep it yourself! Or at least get a TA that has proper coverage for their vacation. Being unavailable for a week is inexcusable. Oh and if they are truly waitlisted, you didn't pay for them.

RCI just needs to re-enter your flight info. Happens all the time when TAs take over reservations. Just one more reason to keep it yourself! Or at least get a TA that has proper coverage for their vacation. Being unavailable for a week is inexcusable. Oh and if they are truly waitlisted, you didn't pay for them.

Her staff is available, just wasn't going to bother them with it since my cruise isn't until January.

Oh... cruise is out of Galveston, the only reason I am using RCI is because of possible fog delays. I know if I hired a town car it would cost me less, but if the ship is delayed by fog (as often happens in Galveston) I have heard about serious problems timing things with the town car drivers since they have to come from Houston and don't keep up with the ships.

If you'd booked it yourself you would have had all these answers already because you could have just called RCI and asked them.

This is a perfect example of being hung out to dry by a TA while they off galvanting doing god knows what.

:rolleyes:

Booking direct does not always eliminate errors.

Archived