Hurricane Season

alb38

When is the actual hurricane season - thinking of possibly booking something in August for DH and myself before kids go back to school.....I know you are taking a chance during this time but I would love some feedback.

Thanks - alb38

If your kids gotta go back to school after Labor day--why not look into the last week of August/first week in September. This is the week I have cruised in the past-- and found some of the lowest rates for summer sailings.

To me it is worth it to take the chance--you never know what tomorrow will bring. Its better to plan a cruise during hurricane season then not plan one at all. If my option to cruise during that time scared me to where I couldnt go coz I was afraid of what could happen I never would have started cruising.

A captain will steer clear of any really bad weather. Make sure you do get insirance.

It seems that in the past few years, August has been the busiest time for hurricanes/tropical storms in the Atlantic. Didn't Florida have at least 2 hurricanes last August and at least one more early in September?

Charley hit Flroida on August 13.

Frances, Jeanne, and Ivan all hit in September.

Archived