Special Dietry Requirements

Latimer

See your maitre 'd the first day and coordinate getting the next day's menu each night before you leave the dining room so you can pick appropriate foods for dinner for the upcoming day

There are gluten - free breads offered on the buffet at breakfast. Presumably, they would be available at lunch there, too, just by asking.

See your maitre 'd the first day and coordinate getting the next day's menu each night before you leave the dining room so you can pick appropriate foods for dinner for the upcoming day

There are gluten - free breads offered on the buffet at breakfast. Presumably, they would be available at lunch there, too, just by asking.

that sounds fine,,, just wanted to make sure I wouldnt go hungry ;)

thanks

I have to maintain a gluten free diet (I have coeliac disease) and wondered if anyone could let me have any info or advice about how they managed on board.

Ask your TA about a special needs form. We have to fill them out for my stepdaughter and her dairy allergy. We got the menus at dinner, and planned out the following day's lunch and dinner.

As 6502programmer said you will need to get a special needs form. My husband is celiac and he had an awesome time on our last cruise on Millie. They took such good care of him.

At breakfast (buffet), the assistant Maitre d' would see us coming and would send down for his toast so it was at our table before we were.

At lunch (buffet) there was always someone to help with selections if required.

At dinner (MDR) they went over the menu the night before, brought him bread in a separate dish and he always had a special GF dessert.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was on the eclipse ta and ate in blu. It was excellent for gluten free. the assistant maitre d came to me nightly and advised me on the next day. they had a bread each night that was like a corn bread (ish) with tomato, garlic and onion on top. in the past (last time i cruised before this was 2 years ago) I ate in the mdr and my main courses would often come 20 minutes later than the other people at the table, despite being preordered. not in blu. I ate in the mdr for lunch a few times and the first time I told the waiter i was gluten free and he tried to guide me, to breaded entrees. He did not understand, so he went and got the maitre d who guided me but did not seem to happy about it. I had Jason, the head chef, guide me in the buffet for lunch, (oceanview) and he did a great job. the curries were mostly all gluten free as were the asian stir fry without the sauces. I did ask for spaghetti at breakfast for lunch the next day and they had it. gave me a huge plate of spagetti and it was great.

I did find out one secret. I you want something, such as scones for tea, ask for it 24 hours in advance and you may be able to get it. I did not ask for the scones on time for the tea, but know for next time. we were in aqua class and asked for gluten free canapes and it was there each evening and pretty good.

I did get gluten once, it was at bistro on five. got gluten free crepes, but when I asked for soup, they did not tell me there was flour as a thickener. otherwise it was easy for the gluten free. just tell everyone and dont feel embarrassed. you are not the only one on the ship.

Thank you all so much for all this information,,, I was only diagnosed 6 months ago and it has taken me a while to get my head around my lifestyle change and the difficulties associated with eating out, especially on holiday... This has made me feel so much better about booking our next cruise.

Thank you all once again,, your responses have been so helpful.

Sue

x

Don't worry - you aren't the first or the last coeliac passenger they have had to cater for so just make sure the cruiseline knows of your special gluten-free requirements and tell your waiter/maitre d' too and they will be happy to ensure you don't miss out!

BFF has Celiac's and has cruised X with us twice. Definitely call ahead and advise them, then see the Maitre d' once on board. As mentioned, they will bring you the menu each night for the next night so you can make your choices. We always do Traditional dining, since having the same section waiter, waiter and assistant each night makes it easier for them to anticipate her needs. They do stock gluten free bread and gluten free pasta on board, so don't be shy to request these. Also, there are many things on the menu they can make gluten free, that aren't normally gluten free, including chicken or turkey parmagiana and french onion soup; just ask. Also, on both cruises she asked on the first day for gluten free ice cream to be made specially for her, and they obliged without a blink. She even got to choose two flavours! The service was even more personalized when we went to the specialty restaurant. The MDR Maitre d' called ahead to the specialty restaurant Maitre d' to prepare him for our arrival, and they had GF bread waiting for our table, along with a complete description of the menu items so she could make informed choices.

Enjoy your cruise!

BFF has Celiac's and has cruised X with us twice. Definitely call ahead and advise them' date=' then see the Maitre d' once on board. As mentioned, they will bring you the menu each night for the next night so you can make your choices. We always do Traditional dining, since having the same section waiter, waiter and assistant each night makes it easier for them to anticipate her needs. They do stock gluten free bread and gluten free pasta on board, so don't be shy to request these. Also, there are many things on the menu they can make gluten free, that aren't normally gluten free, including chicken or turkey parmagiana and french onion soup; just ask. Also, on both cruises she asked on the first day for gluten free ice cream to be made specially for her, and they obliged without a blink. She even got to choose two flavours! The service was even more personalized when we went to the specialty restaurant. The MDR Maitre d' called ahead to the specialty restaurant Maitre d' to prepare him for our arrival, and they had GF bread waiting for our table, along with a complete description of the menu items so she could make informed choices.

Enjoy your cruise![/quote']

wow - gluten free pasta as well - what about pancakes, my all time favourite .....everyone has helped so much with all their advice I can now book with confidence - I cant thank you all enough.

Archived