DREAM Balcony room over the promenade deck...

Steelermoose

Has anyone had one of these rooms on the upper deck? My question is this....Is the balcony worth having even though it is over the promenade and not the water? It just seems like you would have no privacy on a balcony and that would be exactly what i would have wanted. Any help would be terrific. Thanks!

I've not had a balcony cabin there but I did take picture from the Lanai upward toward the baclonies...

Dream100.jpg

That's pretty much a worst case scenario. I took that from one of the bumped out areas on the Promenade. Of course, the Upper Deck is the first on visible above my position...

:)

I had an aft wrap on the upper, unless I was standing at the railing I had all the privacy (for whatever reason) one could ask for.
We had the same room and I agree, that unless standing on the railing it was pretty private.... The slope of the ship in the aft adds to this.

We had 6401, it overlooked a Hot-Tub. and was above an entrance to the Plaza Cafe.

It lacked privacy, but I enjoyed the people-watching on the Lanai.

I'm glad we were on the Starboard side, as the Port side is the smoking side.

All in all, it wasn't too bad...

But I think there are better choices available. Not to mention the Cove Balconies.

It all depends how much time you plan to spend on your Balcony.

Hope you have a Great Cruise !

Campdaan described it well. We spent a lot of time in deck 5's hot tubs and were able to see all the people on their balconies. It looked like they were enjoying people watching.

We had a cove balcony. It was really cool being so close to the water and VERY private. The bonus was that it was cheaper than the upper deck balconies, but better.

Archived