Grand Princess E728...Very noisy

beannie

Not sure this will open for you in the US but here's a page full of them. :D

OH MY GOSH!!!! I want them!!!! All of them!!! Okay. I will get control now. Thanks!! :)

Thanks to the other folks re: the comments on the cabin. We will give it a shot and hope we are so tired we don't hear or feel a thing...

Hi,

We are on the Grand in one week and will be staying in E616, which is directly over the Wheelhouse Bar. I don't expect to hear much from there, (depending on what time it was) but if the OP was in E728 then I would expect to hear some noise from the Vista Lounge especially if there was a show or something going on...

• 1 year later...

I just got off the grand after a 7 day cruise December 3-10 2011. We were in this mini suite. The room was very nice and the balcony was huge, the room Steward was wonderful, room service was prompt, BUT the room was a hot mess as far as noise was concerned from bingo in the afternoon to shows at night. Vibration thru the floor from the bass (boom, boom, boom....) until midnight almost every night. Though it didn't help that there was some kind of music group using the space every night and in the afternoon. Do not pick this room or any room on this side of the ship in the mini suites on Emerald deck if you want quiet. The other side is not right above the stage and might be quieter. Customer service on board had no clue and couldn't help at all.

Just returned from a 14 day on the Grand. We had E728 which was above the Vista Lounge. The noise was deafening from the shows down there.

You could hear and almost feel every beat. All of the aft cabins on that deck complained of the noise. Just a FYI.

That's interesting! We hear all the time how the mini's on Emerald deck are the ones to get, since they balcony is covered. I would take an open balcony on the Dolphin over a noisy cabin on Emerald.

That's interesting! We hear all the time how the mini's on Emerald deck are the ones to get, since they balcony is covered. I would take an open balcony on the Dolphin over a noisy cabin on Emerald.
The Emerald minis are terrific. The only cabin(s) that I've seen mentioned as noise being heard are the one or two furthest aft on the port side as they are directly above the stage and sound system. Even then, the amount of sound depends on the event in the lounge.

We were in E724 on the Emerald in November (port side, avove the Fusion Lounge) and never heard anything from it. Not one night.

The thrusters, though .......... well that was another story. There were times we watched the balcony table move itself across the balcony from the vibrations. :o

We wouldn't cruise in those cabins. I hate that sort of "beat" noise, doesn't make for a relaxing cruise. I have noticed that these cabins often receive questions on here, always seem the last to be filled.
Great! That means that they're available to those who really love them. Have been in an AD mini-suite several times and never heard noise or been bothered by sound, including the "beat" noise. Very relaxing. I'm thankful we have options.

I see some one resurrected this thread and made me realize I never reported back on our 14 day stay in E728 . The cabin was unbelievably roomy for two pax ,DW and I , but the balcony was to die for . Now we went into this cabin with noisy expectations of the Vista lounge below . We were "home" each night between 10 and 11 pm and never heard a peep , until the one night near the end when we decided to camp in with room service and decompress from the better part of two weeks of running .That was a riot , to us . It was the Motown show and man it was loud , there was a 730 show and again at 9 and I literally got up and danced . You could hear every word crystal clear , but we love Motown , and to be honest were quite expecting it . If you went out on the big beautiful balcony and closed the door you could barely hear a murmur of bass .

It was our first Princess cruise and we are leaving again in Feb .on the CB . We had friends come by and hang out on the balcony , just great . Would gladly book this room again , in a heartbeat ! and I ain't too proud to beg !Hope this helps someone decide ! Ted

We wouldn't cruise in those cabins. I hate that sort of "beat" noise, doesn't make for a relaxing cruise. I have noticed that these cabins often receive questions on here, always seem the last to be filled.

They are always the first cabins to sell out. I know as I book them a year or so in advance. The Emerald deck goes quick as they are the only mini suites with total coverage.

Dawn

We've been on the Star in E731 and even on this starboard side we did hear some light music in the evening. The shows ended before 11pm though so it wasn't really a bother. I can see why the OP found the other side too loud especially if they wanted to go to bed early.

Why they decided to only have 10ish covered minis and then place those above a room that is either a nightclub or a show venue is beyond me. :confused:

Archived