Day pass to a local resort - any feedback/thoughts?

russg140

Grand Cayman as a whole can be an expensive island and as far as I know, there really aren't any resorts that offer day passes, so I am surprised that the Caribbean Club does. I believe that the Marriot will offer day passes sometimes depending on whether or not they are booked with their regular guest.

What does the $50.00 day pass include?...Lunch?Drinks? Water toys? Or is it just the use of their pool and other facilities?

There are several beach "clubs" along 7 mile beach that are free of charge and have showers and restrooms and things, but you do have to rent chairs, umbrellas,water toys, etc...How much or how little $$ you spend depends on whether or not you need/want rentals. There are also several resturants and snacks stands and things to eat at along the beach too.

I personally wouldn't pay $50.00 for a day pass here, unless it included some many things that it was worth it, since there are several places along the beach where you can just relax and not have to pay anything at all.

• 1 month later...
All we really want is a pool to enjoy along with the beach. We will probably get to the Marriott and see if they are taking day trippers for the $12 rate or so.

Royal Palms has a pool that you can use for free if you buy lunch there. Not sure if it has an age restriction, but you could always phone/email them and ask.

http://www.reefgrill.net/

Last week we spent the day at the Beach Suites (formerly the Hyatt). Cost was $25 a person and we got towels, use of the pool and beach chairs with canopies. This is our third year here - it is much less crowded then the beach clubs and the food is very good and the bathrooms very clean. When we arrived we were told that they were full and were not selling day passes, but I had a confirmation email. They have a high-end swimsuit shop on the premises. I would return.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived