Uhhh,okay,when will I know if the credit went through? Early Saver

Twinkle941980

I saw my cruise dropped by 30 bucks per person, I took a screen shot, sent in the price protection form and am now hoping for the best. My question is, will it really go through....AND the taxes are actually higher. When I booked the taxes were 64 now they are 79, will they make the taxes higher too along with crediting me the 30 pp price reduction?:confused:

I saw my cruise dropped by 30 bucks per person, I took a screen shot, sent in the price protection form and am now hoping for the best. My question is, will it really go through....AND the taxes are actually higher. When I booked the taxes were 64 now they are 79, will they make the taxes higher too along with crediting me the 30 pp price reduction?:confused:

Regarding taxes I don't know - but when I sent in my form - I did not take a screen shot or anything - just told them where I saw it and I had my credit within 2 days. Really quick.

I dont know if they would charge you higher on the taxes as they have been waiting until you board and the taxes are fixed in price then to credit back amounts of overpayment of taxes .. Iv never underpaid except once, and went thru a TA who made me pay the extra taxes and fees and credit back the difference in OBC .. but that could have been the TA, not Carnival's rules, just the one experience underpaying, and yes I paid the difference. But now there is a form for just the cruise rate, so I dont see how they could now?

This will be interesting to see what happened to others.

"Uhhh,okay,when will I know if the credit went through? Early Saver"

I have always received an e-mail informing me that my request has been approved. It will also show up in your documents as an "onboard credit".

I hve two stupid questions one is how do you do a screen shot and where is the form to fill out for a reduction?

Just hit the print screen button on your keyboard then open up microsoft paint right click in the blank area and paste.

I submitted a form on Friday and got a confirmation within a couple of hours! It sometimes takes a day or two.

I usually get two emails- the first saying it has been received (almost immediately) the second anywhere from 2 hours to 3 days later saying either accepted or denied. I think they "guarantee" that you will hear within 3 business days. My experience has been that simply ones (price simply drops) are responded to quickly, ones that include upgrade offers that are more complicated take longer.

Ok, sorry, another question, I haven't fully paid for my cruise yet so am I just getting a price reduction or price reduction and OBC too?:confused: BTW, cruise dropped to 1219 pp now, so that is 1289,1269,1239, to now 1219. Man, having an OS that will probably be like 1000 by the time we cruise seems like a pretty good deal! This price needs to keep dropping. It's crazy, it's only been two days since the last price drop.

Before final payment you will receive the price drop as just that, a deduction off your final payment....not OBC too.

Just FYI last August a few weeks before we sailed I couldn't fill the price protection forms out fast enough because the prices dropped several times a day. In total I had $550 for two cabins. When I boarded I went to the Customer Service and they gave me a detailed print out of my OBC and it was more than I expected because there was a rebate on some of the tax too.

Keep watching, you won't be sorry.:D

Before final payment you will receive the price drop as just that, a deduction off your final payment....not OBC too.

Just FYI last August a few weeks before we sailed I couldn't fill the price protection forms out fast enough because the prices dropped several times a day. In total I had $550 for two cabins. When I boarded I went to the Customer Service and they gave me a detailed print out of my OBC and it was more than I expected because there was a rebate on some of the tax too.

Keep watching, you won't be sorry.:D

Wow, thank you for the info Bunkie!

Archived