upgrading if the price has increased

you would pay the difference between what you paid, and what the new price for the upgraded cabin is. so if you paid $499 a person for an interior and you wanted to upgrade to an oceanview which is now $799 a person, you would pay the extra $300 per person for a total of $600.

Does it work the other way around as well? Let's say I have booked an interior for $729 2 years ago. and 3 weeks from sailing, Balcony drops to $749. Do I just pay the difference of $20 or do I have to pay the difference at the time of my booking?

If you upgrade for a higher price, you pay the difference between what you originally paid and the new price as of today.

The only time they should change the tax amount is if you change your original booking number. So if you have a new booking number with today's date, they charge you the taxes as of today.

I have a booking that I have changed ships on, and when I did that, they charged me the taxes that were in effect on the original booking day, regardless of whether the taxes had gone up or down since.

The taxes and fees are a flat amount, same for every cabin. Taxes on a $499 cabin are the same as on a $799 cabin.
True, taxes will remain the same BUT Insurance can increase. If you have insurance through Royal for example and you base fair passes the 1,000 mark or 1,500 mark the insurance will increase. If you don't have insurance no worries about any other fees going up. Tips only change if you go into a TRUE suite.

BonVoyage

Dawna

from two years ago yes you can change anything until 72 hours departure

im not to sure something happen in may 2010 where I dont think you can anymore (for any booking after may 2010)

So if the booking happened after May 2010, can I still pay to move up to a higher category and paid the difference between what I have paid and what they are now charging for the higher category if I'm within penalty period?

So if the booking happened after May 2010, can I still pay to move up to a higher category and paid the difference between what I have paid and what they are now charging for the higher category if I'm within penalty period?

Unless it is a Tuesday Sale or Sales Event. There have been mixed reports about upgrading.

Archived