Interesting article regarding Princess design philosophy

RickEk

But you'd think with all the emphasis on customer service, Princess could spring for on screen folios. Waiting in line to get a print out is a huge pain, not to mention very old school and a waste of paper. Just got off the Allure and they sure have the TV technology spot on. You can even surf the web and get your email from your in cabin flat screen
I never wait in line to get a print-out. I go several times during the cruise (I take longer cruises) and when it's not busy, ask for a print-out. Very easy to do.

I like the way HAL prints out a copy of your folio and delivers it to your cabin early in the morning the day before disembarkation day. That saves the long waits for a print-out and allows passengers to review expenditures in the comfort of their cabin without having to stand around the Purser's Desk. It probably doesn't stop people dead in their tracks from spending more as they are probably starting to pack and thinking of going home. It would be interesting to know whether it affects spending that last day.

I remember one time, a woman had their folio printed out -- four pages long and she was contesting and asking for receipts for every single item. From the time I was there, all the charges appeared to be her kids'. She was there for 2-3 hours, taking up staff's time they could be spending helping others.

Archived