Hotels in Barcelona

et1

My daughter, grandchildren (ages 11 and 14) and I will be staying 3 days in Barcelona after our April 16, 2011 cruise on Liberty of Seas. We will be there from Thursday until Easter Sunday. We all want to stay in one room (and would prefer to stay in a hotel rather than an apartment). We have reservations at Petit Palace Museum (good and bad reviews on Trip Advisor), Hotel Regina (good and bad reviews on Trip Advisor) and Royal Ramblas (mostly good reviews on Trip Advisor). They are all pretty much the same price, but Royal Ramblas comes with breakfast. I would like to know if anyone has opinions about these three with regard to the hotel , the area and safety. Thanks.

IF the prices are the same then I prefer the locations of the Petit Palace Museum Hotel because it is not ON Las Ramblas which to me is "tourist central" in Barcelona.

IF the price with breakfast is really the same as the other then I suppose the Royal Ramblas would be the better value.

What I would do though to help make your choice would be to go to another web site like:

http://www.venere.com and read the reviews there on all 3 hotels.

I always compare the reviews there to those on Trip Advisor because on Venere you MUST stay AT the hotel in order to write a review!!

In my experience one can get a breakfast sandwich or a pastry with coffee/hot chocolate/ fresh orange juice for about 6 or 7 euro in a cafe.

Regarding that many people in one room - I'd think it'll be pretty cramped and is why many here travelling with more than two go for more than one room or an apartment. Hopefully someone here can weigh in on more than two in a room.

Past May, two of us travelled together - took a 19 y/o niece and I'd asked for a room with two beds. We got two beds in all 3 areas we stayed (Barcelona, Venice and London) - two small twin beds pushed together, they didn't separate and the only thing making it two beds was that each had it's own individual set of sheets. The rooms in all 3 locations were pretty small and by the time you added in luggage, tight squeeze. I stayed away from the Ramblas hotels only to avoid crowds and noise. As for breakfast, neither of us are true b/fast eaters so we would eat at the outside tables at Starbucks - a coffee and pastry for each of us was, as riff estimated about 12 euro total.

Archived