Where are you staying, pre-cruise, in Miami?

I'm having a hard time deciding which hotel to stay at. Either the very affordable and convenient Holiday Inn Port of Miami or an oceanfront hotel at the beach. We're flying in Saturday night and our cruise leaves on a Monday.

Should I just book the Holiday Inn? The other hotels in the area downtown along the bay are more expensive.

I thought I'd ask and see where others are staying, and what your thoughts are of the hotel you selected.

Hey Jerseygirl23!! Me And My Hubby Booked The Downtown Holiday Inn. For Convenience And Price. When Are You Sailing? Dh And I Are 5/7/05 And Was Told The Holiday Inn Was Just About Booked

We're not sailing until December, but I always make my plans ahead of time for ANY vacation. :)

Thanks I'm gonna book the Holiday Inn and check that off my list. I hear too many horror stories about other Downtown hotels that cost twice as much. We'll take car service from Fort Lauderdale, then just hail a taxi to the port the day of the cruise

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn and it is a very nice Hotel, if you get the right room you can see your ship come in! We will not be staying there this cruise and I am alittle worried since we know that the Holiday Inn was nice. Resturants and shopping right across the street.

Just before Christmas, you should be able to get a terrific rate with Priceline. Read up on it at www.biddingfun.com or www.biddingfortravel.com It may be a little early to bid so make your cancellable HI res, then have some fun trying to save money.

I'd wait on Priceline but I'm afraid I'll spend just as much for a 4* Hotel as I would now just buying the $85-$90 room at Holiday Inn. Also, I won't bid on a 3* hotel for downtown because I could end up in an awful hotel (and we know there are plenty of them in Miami).

I really reccomend that you read up on PL at Bidding for Travel. There really aren't any fleabags in the 3 star Downtown Miami zone, and the the only 4 star is the extremely nice Intercontinental which at that time of year should go for around $60.

we have stayed at the hoilday inn bayside once befroe and will be there again 3 weeks from tommorrow on our pre-nite for the VOS 3-19-05...it's very clean and reasonable...just don't eat breakfast there...plain and simple the breakfast sucks...go to bayside and get something for 1/2 the price and hot...only my opinion...the rooms and view are fantastic and it's right across the street from bayside...enjoy

Are cruise departs May 15th on Explorer...we just booked a room at Embassy Suites...very good deal I think..check it out..

1. Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel when you fly in!!

2. Cook to order breakfast the next morning!

3. Free shuttle service to the Port of Miami..!!

$129....They call it the Cruise Special...!!

I know Holiday Inn is $80-$90 a night....but think of transportation from the airport and to the port! It may be cheaper to book the Embassy Suites than the Holiday Inn..:)

Castor

Western Carribean - Carnival Jan-2004

We booked on Priceline. I requested something downtown and got the Biscayne bay for $39. Just don't eat breakfast there. It was more than the room ;)

Is that the Sheraton Biscayne Bay? I heard it was scheduled for demolition some time this year.

Are cruise departs May 15th on Explorer...we just booked a room at Embassy Suites...very good deal I think..check it out..

1. Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel when you fly in!!

2. Cook to order breakfast the next morning!

3. Free shuttle service to the Port of Miami..!!

$129....They call it the Cruise Special...!!

I know Holiday Inn is $80-$90 a night....but think of transportation from the airport and to the port! It may be cheaper to book the Embassy Suites than the Holiday Inn..:)

Castor

Western Carribean - Carnival Jan-2004

We're flying into Fort Lauderdale? Do you think when they say "shuttle service" they just mean Miami? If they do pick up from Fort Lauderdale, that's like a $50 savings right there!

I can get the Intercontinental for $99 for 2 but when I add in the 2 kids (ages 14 and 8), the price jumps to $189. :(

so leave the kids at home... just kidding!! I think we lucked out with the intercontinental. probably due to the time of year being off peak for Miami.

We got the Marriott Biscayne Bay hotel in Downtown Miami for $35.00 for our pre and post cruise stays last October.

Wonderful hotel, The valet parking fee was almost as much as the room. We were very happy our room had a breathtaking view of the bay what a surprise to see the ships docked when I woke up on Sunday Morning.

Good choice Castor. I also chose the Embassy for the same reasons you indicated. I did however use 25,000 Hilton Honors points to get it for no cost. I did stay at the Holiday Inn before and it was during a downtown hip-hop concert and the shuttle that cost us $20 to get there from the aiirport dropped us about three or four blocks from the HI and we walked dragging our lugage through the hip-hoppers. Streets were blocked off for the hip-hop thing. My wife would not go over to the mall because of the crowds on the streets so she ordered room service as the dining room was packed($). Next morning we waited almost an hour for breakfast in the hotel ($). Then three taxis to the pier for six of us was $8 for our taxi on negotiated fare, $10 for another taxi, and the last taxi was paid $12. Most Hilton brands offer some type of shuttle.......

If you are getting in Saturday nite and going to be there all day Sunday and Sunday nite you may want to consider staying in South Beach. There is nothing to do in Downtown Maimi on Sunday and after a couple of hours at the mall in Bayside whats next. Southbeach has lots of entertainment,resturants and of coarse the beach. Last cruise we spent 3 nites at the loews and had a blast.

Rob

If you are getting in Saturday nite and going to be there all day Sunday and Sunday nite you may want to consider staying in South Beach. There is nothing to do in Downtown Maimi on Sunday and after a couple of hours at the mall in Bayside whats next. Southbeach has lots of entertainment,resturants and of coarse the beach. Last cruise we spent 3 nites at the loews and had a blast.

Rob

South Beach or Miami Beach is another option. How long will the taxi ride take from there to the port the morning of the cruise's departure?

We too are hoping to stay ineither Miami or Fort Lauderdale post cruise in March next year. DH and I are 50 kids ? of 23, 25, 26, 28 travelling with us.

Does anyone have any advise on whether to stay in Miami or FLL we have never been to this area of Florida so would appreciate your oppinions/advice .Would also love your suggestions on hotels to stay in too.

I've been onto a couple of Hotel web sites but the rates are staggering approx $269 per night. When we multiply that by 3 rooms for 3 nights it sure mounts up. Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi, we are staying 1 night precruise at the Embassy Suites MIA(Nov. 5, 2005). At the end of Dec. I booked 2 rooms through HOTWIRE at $61 each. My SIL recently booked a 3rd room on HOTWIRE for $75. I think it's still $75. They offer shuttle service to/from MIA (too bad we fly into FLL :( ), a managers reception (wine,beer,snacks) in the evening and full hot breakfast in the am all FREE.

Cant wait to cruise!!!

~Lurker

If you didn't have kids, I would recommend South Beach in a heartbeat. It is a little more expensive, but it is fun, fun, fun! Unfortunately, it really is an adult location in my opinion. I would go for Miami Beach away from the Ocean drive area. The kids will enjoy being at the beach and it will be packed on the weekend and a lot of fun. There are tons of hotels, and the cab ride shouldn't be bad at all.

jc

Archived