A friend took this photo a few years ago

Drelix

I have to say, some how the princess ships have nicer lines and look more sleek and modern. they actually look bigger. In general I have to say from the outside I think Rhapsody of the seas would have to be one of the most unattactive ships down under, but when the peal arrives I think that title will go to her. is it just me or do others think what I am thinking. I have only heard good things about the the rhapsody of the seas so don't get me wrong, it just the looks that are not quite right, but i am sure she is a fine vessel.

it was taking on the 01/04/09....

Its a long story basically we was driving around the city me and a friend saw this ship so we jumped out of the car the driver drove off and we took photos of her .... then when we where waiting for the driver to come back and get us we got poored on that day but it was well worth the wetness and waiting like an hour to get back in the car.

I have to say, some how the princess ships have nicer lines and look more sleek and modern. they actually look bigger. In general I have to say from the outside I think Rhapsody of the seas would have to be one of the most unattactive ships down under, but when the peal arrives I think that title will go to her. is it just me or do others think what I am thinking. I have only heard good things about the the rhapsody of the seas so don't get me wrong, it just the looks that are not quite right, but i am sure she is a fine vessel.

Plain on the outside she may be, but wait till you get inside......beautiful, leaves our Aussie ships for dead!

Plain on the outside she may be, but wait till you get inside......beautiful, leaves our Aussie ships for dead!

Hi Robyn,

I could,nt agree more .My neice is on Rhapsody at present .I rang her on saturday before she sailed.She rated rhapsody as thenicest ship she has been on and that includes the Diamond Princess......Just imagine how good the radiance of the Seas will be in feb 2012,.......hint hint

Col:)

it was taking on the 01/04/09....

Its a long story basically we was driving around the city me and a friend saw this ship so we jumped out of the car the driver drove off and we took photos of her .... then when we where waiting for the driver to come back and get us we got poored on that day but it was well worth the wetness and waiting like an hour to get back in the car.

If it was taken in 09 it could have been Legend of the Seas. Same class of ship as Rhapsody. Legend did the Au/NZ run for a couple of seasons. We cruised on her in 2002.

I agree, Rhapsody is the ugliest ship sailing from Australia at the moment - although Pacific Sun is close. I disagree about Pearl though, I think she's going to be a nice looking ship with nice lines.

I know everyone says Rhapsody is lovely inside, but personally it's a bit over the top for me..the 'wow' factor is all very nice when you first board but then it just starts to look too cluttered and flashy (I feel the same about the atrium on the Dawn/Sun Princess - too cluttered and flashy for my taste.)

Generally speaking I lump all RCI ships under the general term "Overrated of the Seas".

Have to say though, it's not the worst - the worst ship for interior decor is anyone with the word "Carnival" in it's name. :)

I think Pacific Dawn & Jewel, and soon Pearl, are the nicest looking ships sailing from Aus, both inside and outside.

That Date is a little early of Rhapsody of the seas, as for the Legend of the seas, it looks like the ship was in Asia on that date, anymore ideas

800px-Kobe_Rhapsody_of_the_Seas05bs3200.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's Rhapsody!

That was the date we arrived in Sydney after our New Zealand cruise which started in Fremantle, and the weather WAS rainy. We had 3 days in Sydney before flying home to Perth and the Manly ferry was like a fairground ride :D loved it!

I know everyone says Rhapsody is lovely inside, but personally it's a bit over the top for me..the 'wow' factor is all very nice when you first board but then it just starts to look too cluttered and flashy (I feel the same about the atrium on the Dawn/Sun Princess - too cluttered and flashy for my taste.)

Generally speaking I lump all RCI ships under the general term "Overrated of the Seas". .............

I think Pacific Dawn & Jewel, and soon Pearl, are the nicest looking ships sailing from Aus, both inside and outside.

As they say, Riffraff, a simple and uncluttered look is more stylish and doesn't go out of fashion. :)

I agree, Rhapsody is the ugliest ship sailing from Australia at the moment - although Pacific Sun is close. I disagree about Pearl though, I think she's going to be a nice looking ship with nice lines.

Generally speaking I lump all RCI ships under the general term "Overrated of the Seas".

Have to say though, it's not the worst - the worst ship for interior decor is anyone with the word "Carnival" in it's name. :)

Hi,

I respecy your opinion but i struggle to see how you can make comparrisons as going by your cruise history you haven,t sailed on either princess ships or rhapsody of the seas.

As for the ships being cluttered and flashy cant agree with that....they are more spacious and light filled than the Jewel atrium reminds me of an old library....dank and drab......and not lets not talk about the buffet .

just my opinion

In his signature it states he has sailed on the Fair Princess and Dawn Princess. Who knows, he may have had a tour of the RCCL ships. :confused:

Hi ,

Fair princess is an old sitmar ship ( I think Fairsea) P&O purchased and renamed fair princess....it was plagued with many problems and was only around for a short period.

Col

Hi,

I respecy your opinion but i struggle to see how you can make comparrisons as going by your cruise history you haven,t sailed on either princess ships or rhapsody of the seas.

As for the ships being cluttered and flashy cant agree with that....they are more spacious and light filled than the Jewel atrium reminds me of an old library....dank and drab......and not lets not talk about the buffet .

just my opinion

Hi,

It's true I haven't been on Rhapsody but I have seen several pictures of the interiors from ship photo websites, and I have sailed on Dawn Princess though. I apprecaite it's not fair to compare Rhapsody when I haven't been on it, but I was just speaking from my impressions from what I'd seen in the photos. I liked the Dawn Princess, but thought the atrium was a bit crowded.

I quite like the Jewel's atrium - although Pacific Dawn's is better - even though I agree it's probably darker than Rhapsody's.

I guess it's just that I'm more comfortable in more relaxed surroundings - but everyone's different :D

:)

Hi,

just my opinion

Hi,

It's true I haven't been on Rhapsody but I have seen several pictures of the interiors from ship photo websites, and I have sailed on Dawn Princess though. I apprecaite it's not fair to compare Rhapsody when I haven't been on it, but I was just speaking from my impressions from what I'd seen in the photos. I liked the Dawn Princess, but thought the atrium was a bit crowded.

I quite like the Jewel's atrium - although Pacific Dawn's is better - even though I agree it's probably darker than Rhapsody's.

I guess it's just that I'm more comfortable in more relaxed surroundings - but everyone's different :D

Hi ,

No worries its great to read and respect others opinions.

Happy cruising....lets face every cruise is great.

Col

Extract from the Sydney Port Cruise Ship Schedule 2009-10 (for a certain persons info) :D

Rhapsody of the Seas

31 Mar 09 06:00 (Tue) 31 Mar 09 18:30 (Tue) Overseas Passenger Terminal

01 Apr 09 07:00 (Wed) 01 Apr 09 18:30 (Wed) Overseas Passenger Terminal

02 Apr 09 07:00 (Thu) 02 Apr 09 18:30 (Thu) Overseas Passenger Terminal

Tateyama :)

Hi Robyn,

I could,nt agree more .My neice is on Rhapsody at present .I rang her on saturday before she sailed.She rated rhapsody as thenicest ship she has been on and that includes the Diamond Princess......Just imagine how good the radiance of the Seas will be in feb 2012,.......hint hint

I'm hearing you Col!... Certainly still got that one in mind. Rob :)

Hi,

just my opinion

Oh yeah, That buffet......it looked like an RSL club buffet, did not get to try the buffet food, but the day I was on it took 4 requests and 30 min to get a coke, as I dont drink wine.

I don't think Pacific Pearl is ugly, I personally think she looks a lovely ship but to understand her you have to look at her in context.

As you would know, she was built for Sitmar as FairMajesty and I think her appearance is like an evolutionary step between Fairsky (Pacific Sky) and the other new builds that Sitmar had commenced before the P&O/Princess takeover (Pacific Dawn & Pacific Jewel).

If you google pictures of her as Arcadia and imagine a 'V' on her funnel and compare pictures of Fairsky you will notice the funnel size and placement points to shared DNA. Also with her 'Dome and multi-storied Atrium indicates she also shares DNA with Pacific Dawn and Pacific Jewel.

As for Princess ships having a more modern appearance, I think most princess ships come from the design Fincantieri designers came up with in 1985, this is hardly modern. On their later ships all they have done was to alter the stern to resemble a shopping trolley, which in my opinion is a questionable improvement.

I have a photo of the model that was presented to Sitmar in the mid '80s to secure the contract for the new builds which became Pacific Dawn and Pacific Jewel which looks just like a Princess ship (distinctive Funnel and all). Obviously Sitmar then got Renzo Piano involved who changed their appearance and turned them into the curvaceous ladies we have today. I wish I knew how to post it here.

Jenny:)

Extract from the Sydney Port Cruise Ship Schedule 2009-10 (for a certain persons info) :D

Rhapsody of the Seas

31 Mar 09 06:00 (Tue) 31 Mar 09 18:30 (Tue) Overseas Passenger Terminal

01 Apr 09 07:00 (Wed) 01 Apr 09 18:30 (Wed) Overseas Passenger Terminal

02 Apr 09 07:00 (Thu) 02 Apr 09 18:30 (Thu) Overseas Passenger Terminal

Tateyama :)

Most definitive way of putting it :-)

Last year it was definitely only Rhapsody from RCCL in here for the season.

As for the comments on attractiveness, as can be seen from the variety of opinions it's quite subjective. I don't agree that Rhapsody is the worst though, and see her in the middle.

Archived