Days INN in Ft. Lauderdale

lovestovacation88

What about the Super 8 on South Federal Highway? I booked that for my January cruise, mainly because it was only about $100 and offered free shuttle from the airport, and to the port. Will we be able to walk to a restaurant and find things to do?

That is not such a great area either and there is no security at those types of motels. There are a lot of run down motels in that part of town south of the airport, so if you could book a bit further north of the airport, you will be in a much better part of town and closer to everything.

I don't think I've heard of a good days in in years. Seems that they are either old hotels that were dropped by other chains, or older independant hotels that couldn't keep up with the Choice Hotels and cheaper Hilton/Marriot/Hyatt brands, so they joined Days for their reservation system. I was just in our locals Days Inn on Sunday for our work kids Christmas party, and I couldn't help noticing how it still looks like it did in the 70's.

There are too many good affordable hotels along I-95 south of FLL airport (if one doesn't want to spend to be on 17h St) to be subjecting themselves to these substandard properties. Wowzo's lists should be a "Read This Before Booking a FLL Hotel" sticky thread.

That is not such a great area either and there is no security at those types of motels. There are a lot of run down motels in that part of town south of the airport, so if you could book a bit further north of the airport, you will be in a much better part of town and closer to everything.

This is actially in a better part of US1. I've stayed there, and it is pretty decent. Only about 5 years old, hardly run down

There are too many good affordable hotels along I-95 south of FLL airport (if one doesn't want to spend to be on 17h St) to be subjecting themselves to these substandard properties. Wowzo's lists should be a "Read This Before Booking a FLL Hotel" sticky thread.

I would not stay at any hotel/motel south of FLL on I-95. In Boca maybe but not that far south. Very industrial area and scary in places.

I would not stay at any hotel/motel south of FLL on I-95. In Boca maybe but not that far south. Very industrial area and scary in places.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about Griffin and Stirling Rd area hotels, which are just south of the airport along I-95. Nothing wrong with those hotels, some of which are pretty new. 17th St and the beach area are the preferred locations, but not everyone can spend $200+/night either.

I'm not sure which Boca you are talking about as I've only heard of Boca Raton which is north of Ft Lauderdale.

My suggestions:

The LaQuinta, Hollywood, FLL or

The Hampton Inn, 17th Street, FLL.

Unless things have changed recently, they both offer a shuttle from the FLL airport to the hotel, a free breakfast and a shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port.

The prices generally (unless there's something BIG going on!) run around $100.00 or less.

JMHO,

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn at Dania Beach last week and it was great for one night. They have free airport shuttle. We did not use the shuttle for the cruiseport but I think they charge for that. The shuttle will also take you to local restaurants in the evening for free. They also have a free breakfast.They are less than 10 min from the airport which is nice.We paid about 100. for the night.I think it's a newer hotel.

My suggestions:

The LaQuinta, Hollywood, FLL or

The Hampton Inn, 17th Street, FLL.

Unless things have changed recently, they both offer a shuttle from the FLL airport to the hotel, a free breakfast and a shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port.

The prices generally (unless there's something BIG going on!) run around $100.00 or less.

JMHO,

There has never been a Hampton Inn on 17th St. However the 2 airport area Hamptons do offer the shuttles and breakfast and get good reviews.

Archived