Miami Intercontinental - my two cents

6502programmer

What is the charge for parking at the IC, and does anybody know if there is a public parking structure or street parking nearby?

I believe parking at the IC is $34 a day and is underground and is valet parking. There are about 20 or so parking spaces just outside the entrance into the IC and I believe those are metered. I don't know if you are able to park there all day. I did notice parking lots (metered) under the metro mover as well as up the street 2 to 3 blocks or so there was underground parking in some hi-rise commercial buildings. I think those spots were for the general public as well as employees who may work in the downtown area. Maybe the Miami convention bureau or downtown association will be able to help you further.

I believe parking at the IC is $34 a day and is underground and is valet parking. There are about 20 or so parking spaces just outside the entrance into the IC and I believe those are metered..

Do not even for five seconds let a meter expire on a metered parking spot in Miami. It will cost you $250 to get your car back and the tow trucks stalk these parking spots.

• 3 weeks later...

The bantering back and forth whether or not it's worth it to upgrade to a port view room would, to me, depend on how many nights I was staying at the hotel, etc. If arriving at 10:00pm the night before cruise embarkation, only to sleep and use the room for 12-14 hours, then I'd probably forego the upgrade. But if I was arriving for a 3 night pre or post cruise stay, then definitely I'd opt for the view and upgrade.

There's no right or wrong opinion/answer - it all depends on the circumstances of your own stay.

Archived