New Veendam aft cabins

taxmantoo

Does anyone know if the new A Category Verandah Suites added to the Veendam on the aft have a larger balcony on the Verandah deck or the Navigation deck? Any deck get more sun?

Thanks!

I have photos and a description from Deck 9 Verandah Deck A 226 on the Aft of Veendam taken in August 2010. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/index.html

Joanie

Thanks. Can't tell if the balcony is covered.

You are right, you cannot tell from those photos, sorry about that:o

However looking at the Ship photos those verandahs appear to be about as covered as ours was on Nieuw Amsterdam, which was Deck 6. Ours was covered about 2/3 of the way on the aft itself. Here is a photo and the link to the other ship photos is below the photo (go to the bottom of the page)

Veendam-Aft-4-DBA.jpg

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/index-2.html

Joanie

Does anyone know if the new A Category Verandah Suites added to the Veendam on the aft have a larger balcony on the Verandah deck or the Navigation deck? Any deck get more sun?

Thanks!

Hey guys! We were with you on the Eurodam in May! We are going to be on the Veendam to Bermuda in June so if there is anything you want us to scope out for you just let us know. The Bermuda cruise is right on the heels of our second Med cruise in May on the Noordam this time.:D We had some fantastic pictures from the cruise last May if you want to check them out: http://cid-c2be281b2e56baf0.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Europe-2010?authkey=L3Seet7B31M%24&ct=photos

diane

Hey guys! We were with you on the Eurodam in May! We are going to be on the Veendam to Bermuda in June so if there is anything you want us to scope out for you just let us know. The Bermuda cruise is right on the heels of our second Med cruise in May on the Noordam this time.:D We had some fantastic pictures from the cruise last May if you want to check them out: http://cid-c2be281b2e56baf0.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Europe-2010?authkey=L3Seet7B31M%24&ct=photos

diane

Thanks Diane, that Eurodam cruise was certainly a nice one with a nice group of CC'ers. Your pics are very nice and bring up lots of good memories. I took over 1500 photos on that cruise but have not uploaded them to Internet yet. Will let you know if I ever do! Looking forward to Bermuda (never been there) and we did book an aft corner suite yesterday.

Wow, that addition is ugly. Quite obviously an afterthought (like, way after).

The new skirt on the lower hull is pretty yucktastic too.

I guess we have to say that these are "functional" rather than "aesthetic" changes. ;)

Oh well. Ship happens.

Thanks Diane, that Eurodam cruise was certainly a nice one with a nice group of CC'ers. Your pics are very nice and bring up lots of good memories. I took over 1500 photos on that cruise but have not uploaded them to Internet yet. Will let you know if I ever do! Looking forward to Bermuda (never been there) and we did book an aft corner suite yesterday.

I think our total was around 1500 photos as well but we just chose our favorites and uploaded them. We really liked the first one - the picture was taken out of the window of our B&B in Rome into the back courtyard. The laundry was hanging out in the rain! It is just one of those pictures that is a characterization of the Italian culture. We also have never been to Bermuda and are going on this particular cruise mainly because a dear friend of ours chose this as her first cruise. And I had promised we would go along with whatever she picked. Otherwise I wouldn't be flying home from Rome 4 days before flying to NYC for another cruise! :eek: Enjoy your aft corner suite. Looks awesome. :)

diane

Thanks!

We'll be in A232 over the holidays, so we'll be able to answer your questions and have pics in January, if you can wait that long.

• 1 month later...
We'll be in A232 over the holidays, so we'll be able to answer your questions and have pics in January, if you can wait that long.

Hope you enjoyed it. A couple questions.

Approximate balcony size? Length? Width?

Did A232 have a wider balcony than the other aft cabins? Did it extend to the side of the ship?

What was your balcony furniture?

How was the climate control in the cabin?

How was the ride?

Also would love to see your pictures.

Thanks for your help.

Archived