Breakfast questions

jaykat

My fiancée and I will be spending part of our honeymoon on the mariner in a couple of weeks. We've kinda planned breakfast so that we'll order a very small breakfast, maybe a coffee and toast, more as a wake up call then we'll go for proper breakfast either in the MDR or windjammer, but nobody else has mentioned this, so am I being greedy?

My fiancée and I will be spending part of our honeymoon on the mariner in a couple of weeks. We've kinda planned breakfast so that we'll order a very small breakfast, maybe a coffee and toast, more as a wake up call then we'll go for proper breakfast either in the MDR or windjammer, but nobody else has mentioned this, so am I being greedy?

Not being greedy. Many do this. (not I; I don't even have one breakfast, let alone two! {so you can have mine. ;)})

No according to me! In fact, DH calls this First Seating and Second Seating Breakfasts! :) Coffee/tea/croissant in the cabin early, and full breakfast somewhere else...

No according to me! In fact, DH calls this First Seating and Second Seating Breakfasts! :) Coffee/tea/croissant in the cabin early, and full breakfast somewhere else...

LOL, sounds like something my husband would do! He has to have coffee right away in the mornings.

This is exactly what we do on all our cruises. Makes for a wonderful alarm clock!

On busy port days we always go to the Windjammer. Sea days always MDR (they have real coffee - in other words it is actually brewed by the pot). I know it sounds like no big deal but it makes a HUGE difference to a coffee drinker.

We will likely be in the MDR more this trip as we are only doing 2 excursions on our trip so we can move a little slower on port days as well.

I hate to burst your bubble but they are brewed in the same 5 gallon pots that they use in the Windjammer.

DSCF9155.jpg

We love the MDR for dinner, and love to use it for lunch on sea days, but the

last time we did MDR for breakfast on our sea day on the MOS in October, we had painfully slow service with no view, and a very odd table mate.

Did WJ after that, as we eat early anyway, we had a nice seat in the uncrowded forward section with a great view over the bow to watch the day dawn on us for our anticipated adventure of the day.

Coffee in that area is the Seattles Best.....much better than the WJ urns, and the fresh fruit that was set out was perfect for our light breakfast.

Refilled our travel coffee mugs after breakfast that we always take with us, and enjoyed a wonderful stroll around the uncrowded decks. Nice...... :)

I am boarding again on Friday...... Even nicer!!

Archived