Sideways cabins on Jewel class ships

Unknotted

There are some stand alone sideways cabins on the Jewel Class ships that I am curious about (particularly cabins 5581 and 5081.)

Can someone tell me where the door is? I am just wondering if the door sits out in the elevator lobby, or if it is in the side hallway. If in the hallway, then it is on the long side on the cabin rather than the end?

Are these about the same size as other inside cabins? Are they configured differently?

We just just booked two of them on the Pearl for next year and are wondering what to expect, so thanks for any info you might have (including same info for sister ships.)

There are some stand alone sideways cabins on the Jewel Class ships that I am curious about (particularly cabins 5581 and 5081.)

Can someone tell me where the door is? I am just wondering if the door sits out in the elevator lobby, or if it is in the side hallway. If in the hallway, then it is on the long side on the cabin rather than the end?

Are these about the same size as other inside cabins? Are they configured differently?

We just just booked two of them on the Pearl for next year and are wondering what to expect, so thanks for any info you might have (including same info for sister ships.)

We've had these cabins on the GEM, and we love them. The door to the cabin is in the side hallway. These cabins are configured a bit differently, and we believe they give the appearance of more room in the cabin with the layout....but the sq footage is typically the same from what I remember.

We always look for the sideways cabins when we book.

• 1 year later...

when you enter these cabins, you are immediately in the room versus the normal cabin where you enter into a hall way with the bathroom on one side and the closet on the other. Since you don't have this narrow hallway, the room seems bigger and there is more useable floor space for furniture rearrangement..

Archived