Thank You To All Our Fellow Cruisers!

wizard-of-roz

We just returned from the Sapphire, Nov. 27th cruise to the Mexican Riviera.

I usually don't start a thread (I leave it to my wife) but, I just had to thank all of you who cruised with us and made me, my wife and her service dog feel so welcomed and who took the time to stop by for a "pat" (on Brenda) and some "chit-chat" with us.

When people say that the "crowd" that you're onboard with can really help with "best" or "not so best" cruise experience.

We met the most amazing folks who told us stories of their dogs and cats who were true family members, they were very heartwarming; some filled with joy and some with sorrow of the loss of these adored pets.

These people would literally get down on the floor with Brenda and kiss her and touch and hold her. Of course all of this attention on our "Miracle Worker" (it's what I call this very hairy, 4-legged being that came into my wife's life and not only changed how she "deals" but, changed how I "accept" and "feel")- none of this was allowed until my wife put "Brenda" on the "release command.

It was Brenda's 14 cruise but, honestly, (not withstanding some folks we've met on previous cruises, who are still our friends), these were exeptionally warm and engaging "humans!"

To those of you who are "lurkers" and will never write back and to those who travelled with us again, THANK YOU for sharing and caring!!!!!! :)

How nice of your wife to share her special and loyal friend with those on board. Having lost our dear family member a few months ago, I can't tell you how special it is to have someone understand when I bend down to love on their dog. Sounds like you had a wonderful group on the Sapphire.

Aren't those service dogs the best? My neice has a golden retiver service dog and it is the most well behaved dog I've seen. The dog has been on lots of cruise, all RCCL. I know she is a D. member on her own. Glad to hear that your cruise was a good one.

My bucket list is just to be able to cruise with you, your wife AND Brenda... The best of both worlds-to be on a cruise and be able to give Brenda a hug and a pat on the head for being such a wonderful part of your family.

Sherri

I forgot to mention something that was so amazing and wonderful.

Years ago, onboard the Golden and than again, years later, onboard the Oosterdam we met a great gal named Marcia. She fell in love with Brenda and we fell in love with her. She's been following my wife's thread on "Disabled Cruising" and, always stays in touch, sending gifts to Brenda.

We knew we'd both be in the MR at the same time, this trip too, she onboard the Oosterdam and us on the Sapphire. We tried to plan a visit in Cabo but Brenda wasn't up for the Tender ride.

Cabo day, we had just finished our dinner and were entering our cabin and noticed an envelope in our door. It had the Oosterdam logo on it and upon opening it found a red silk Christmas stocking with candy canes in it. The note attached was from Marcia wishing us a "Merry Christmas."

Can you believe how wonderful some people can be to go to such trouble to have this envelope delivered to our cabin. She had to have given it to another passenger she met in Cabo or to the Tender driver. The envelope was very carefully addressed to us......We were so touched by this truly meaningful gesture of kindness!!!!!!

So glad you had a great cruise. Brenda is truly an amazing dog (does she know she's a dog?)

I hope to cruise with you, your wife, and Brenda again. It was a honor to meet you on the Sapphire the Spring of '09. :)

Pam, we look forward to cruising with you again too!

Brenda does not know she's a dog. She loves, honors and obeys with such great moral character and with amazing grace. She has respect for others and with others belongings. She's kind, extremely loving and filled with great generosity of spirit.

Our son says he's sure that we love Brenda as much as we love him and his sister's. And, you know what, he's right!!!!!

How nice of your wife to share her special and loyal friend with those on board. Having lost our dear family member a few months ago, I can't tell you how special it is to have someone understand when I bend down to love on their dog. Sounds like you had a wonderful group on the Sapphire.

And, it's the folks just like YOU that made our vacation as special as it was for us and our amazing fur-hero!!!!

My bucket list is just to be able to cruise with you, your wife AND Brenda... The best of both worlds-to be on a cruise and be able to give Brenda a hug and a pat on the head for being such a wonderful part of your family.

Sherri

If that day ever comes, Sherri, you'll know who we are but will you please come over and tell us who you are!

Thank you for your kind words.

I am truly sorry for your loss. Our Brenda is now almost 11 years old and we know how short the lives of Labradors are....but, in our heart of hearts we also know that what she's done and given in her time here on earth that her life has been and will be a very full and rich one. We could never give her as much as she's given us!!!!!!

And, while she's here with us.......we're going to enjoy every single, solitary second with her!

Aren't those service dogs the best? My neice has a golden retiver service dog and it is the most well behaved dog I've seen. The dog has been on lots of cruise, all RCCL. I know she is a D. member on her own. Glad to hear that your cruise was a good one.

YES, they are. They are "Life Saver Dogs!"

We had a lab mix that my hubby had found abandoned during a rain storm, and after not being able to find his owners, adopted him. Unfortunately we lost him to cancer about nine years ago.

When I'm out and about, I try to keep an eye out for Brenda and your wife as I understand we live in the same area. One of these days, hopefully, I'll be able to give Brenda one of my famous "scratchies" that dogs love.

We had a lab mix that my hubby had found abandoned during a rain storm' date=' and after not being able to find his owners, adopted him. Unfortunately we lost him to cancer about nine years ago.

When I'm out and about, I try to keep an eye out for Brenda and your wife as I understand we live in the same area. One of these days, hopefully, I'll be able to give Brenda one of my famous "scratchies" that dogs love.[/quote']

Please don't hesitate to come over, if you see us and say hello. We may find ourselves "hibernating" more these days, because of the weather but we're out and about a lot.

We look forward to that chance meeting and don't hesitate to "scratch" our girls head!!!!! She loves the attention and the warmth of others.

My husband and I were on the same cruise as your family, and I really looked forward to seeing the three of you each day. Brenda is such a sweet, loving, well-behaved dog, and I loved seeing the three of you enjoying yourselves. Brenda was also quite a fashion plate, with a different colored fluffy collar every day. She was one of the special highlights of my trip.

My husband and I were on the same cruise as your family, and I really looked forward to seeing the three of you each day. Brenda is such a sweet, loving, well-behaved dog, and I loved seeing the three of you enjoying yourselves. Brenda was also quite a fashion plate, with a different colored fluffy collar every day. She was one of the special highlights of my trip.

How nice! As I've mentioned YOU and folks just like you are the reason we loved our cruise.

And, yes, my wife has more collars, scarves and "what-nots" to put on our girl. When I look at Brenda when "wifey's" dressing her and she juts her muzzle forward to allow for the placement of the "royal collar" like a Fur-Queen, I swear she totally changes into royalty and walks very proudly (a bit slower than she used to but all the same, proudly)!

Archived