Dissapointed but graful

Porthopper2009

Tomorrow my husband has to call Cunard to cancel our 2011 world cruise on WM2. Two days a go I had an accident as result, I m in the hospital with a broken back, shattered legs and right hand. I had surgery on my back yesterday and waiting for the swollen on my legs to go down so the doctors could can do surgery.

I packed seven luggage and took bunch of my dresses in for alterations. Yes, I'm very disappointed but I'm more thankful that I'm a live and that I'm not paralyzed. Instead of booking 2012 QM2 world cruise we might book QE

2012 world cruise.

Take care everyone and enjoys your Sunday evening.

Marie

Ps. Tried to change the title to grateful but not able to do it. Too much morphine :-)

Marie,

I can only imagine how disappointed you are to have to cancel your World Cruise. I hope that all goes well with your surgery and that you heal very quickly. Having a World Cruise to look forward to in 2012, will help with your recovery. Do let us know how you are doing.

Marie,

Best wishes for your recovery.

I am sporting some metal-work in my spine following an accident in 2005 - yoga and Pilates have proved invaluable.

Ironically, if it wasn't for my accident, I would never have discovered the joy of travelling on the QM2!

You obviously need to get back on board as soon as possible, the pool area of the spa is calling!

Regards

Jo

I am sorry for your accident and know full well the disappointment of cancelling. I had a 20-day voyage (QM2) booked for the spring and illness prevented me from going. I was heartbroken.

Please keep us posted on your recovery.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the well wishes. I am at home with a hospital bed. I will be in the wheelchair from two to three months. My right heel had an L shaped screw and 11 pins. My left heel also had an L shape screw and 8 pins. I also have a compression fracture of L1 and L2 vertebrae in my back.

I was hanging the Christmas lights on the tree in front of the house. The ladder slipped; I landed on my heels.

Have a wonderful Holiday.

Marie

5267182008_7e8f8395cd_m.jpg

PS. We are booked for 2012 QE world cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived