Nassau Water Taxis - BEWARE

maddmaxx

I've done both and would vote for the land taxi(easier and much faster to Atlantis). From what I can figure, the taxi--car, van, or whatever is next in line, is much like the boat--they are going to try to fill it up at $4.00 per person. We rode over to Paradise Island in a van and there were at least twelve people in it. On the way back, we were in a regular cab with the four of us. It is posted right on the cab stand(actually, it says $4.00 for the first two people and $3.00 for additional riders to Paradise Island). If I rode on the water taxi again, I would just go one way from Paradise Island back to the cruise dock. It seemed alot more low key on the way back. The spiel was the same because we wondered if all of the "independent guides" had the same information and whether or not it was all true.

Oh, $4 for 2, sounds very reasonable, you mentioned to Paradise Island though. So, it's $4 per person for Atlantis?

Oh, $4 for 2, sounds very reasonable, you mentioned to Paradise Island though. So, it's $4 per person for Atlantis?

Cabs are $4 pp for vans that fill up and carry folks to Paradise island/ Atlantis or $8 for the first 2 persons.. for a regular cab.. ($3 for ea. add'l person).

Ferries are $3pp, each way.

Cabs are $4 pp for vans that fill up and carry folks to Paradise island/ Atlantis or $8 for the first 2 persons.. for a regular cab.. ($3 for ea. add'l person).

Ferries are $3pp, each way.

Thanks again Scubagirrl. Would you know why some of the islands charge per person, rather than per cab? Is it to make a profit?

Just curious

Thanks again Scubagirrl. Would you know why some of the islands charge per person, rather than per cab? Is it to make a profit?

Just curious

There are some vans that fill up with passengers all going to the same location and charge $4 pp. A regular cab has to charge the union rate for the same trip.

Noone is trying to cheat or make an extra profit.. it's just that some are more like a shuttle service.. others a private cab.

Union rates are for 2 ppl. Then add $3 pp for ea. add'l person and $1 for ea. add'l bag or box.

Is this water taxi the one used by the cruise ships to take you to Blue Lagoon, or is that a different service? Not so sure I want to get on this water taxi!!!

Water taxi is the ferry from the downtown wharf to Paradise Island and back again. The blue lagoon ferry is a large catamaran that ferries tour guests to the private Blue Lagoon Island.

I wouldn't be afraid of the water taxi.. most of these post are exaggerated.

I probably take the ferry 6-10 times a week.. and rarely have an issue as posted here.. it's a bit primitive, but hardly a danger to anyone.

In 25 years that I've been here, I've only heard of 3 accidents.. and 2 of those there were no passengers

I wouldn't be afraid of the water taxi.. most of these post are exaggerated.

I probably take the ferry 6-10 times a week.. and rarely have an issue as posted here.. it's a bit primitive, but hardly a danger to anyone.

In 25 years that I've been here, I've only heard of 3 accidents.. and 2 of those there were no passengers

Frankly your response is hard to believe. Are you connected to the people who run the ferry?

What part of customer complaints about these tugs is exaggerated?

I don't believe anyone would take these things 6-10 times a week unless they were somehow

connected with them. Your Bahamas advice is generally OK but this makes no sense.:confused:

There are some vans that fill up with passengers all going to the same location and charge $4 pp. A regular cab has to charge the union rate for the same trip.

Noone is trying to cheat or make an extra profit.. it's just that some are more like a shuttle service.. others a private cab.

Union rates are for 2 ppl. Then add $3 pp for ea. add'l person and $1 for ea. add'l bag or box.

Thanks again! I understand how it works now.

Frankly your response is hard to believe. Are you connected to the people who run the ferry?

What part of customer complaints about these tugs is exaggerated?

I don't believe anyone would take these things 6-10 times a week unless they were somehow

connected with them. Your Bahamas advice is generally OK but this makes no sense.:confused:

I live in Nassau and take the ferry nearly every day.. sometimes twice a day. I have business on PI and in Nassau.. it's an easy trip. I don't own or run a ferry.. but am quite familiar with them all.

Archived