Galveston cruise and park hotels

TSUmom

There are several lists on threads about hotels in galveston you might want to check out.

Rather than type up every single hotel name on the Island, could you give us a price range?

Almost every hotel offers free cruise parking. All the ones along sewall that Iv stayed at allowed it .. and some do not mention it on their site. The catch is they dont offer a free shuttle. For instance for my 5 day Ecstasy, its $30 or $35 to prepay parking at a off site parking lot, like EZCRuiseparking.com

I paid around $16 to taxi to the port so X 2 (each way), you are up to $32 plus tips .. and I know the shuttle back to my car is worth a couple of dollars... so on a short cruise I move my car and do not take advantage of the free cruise parking.

Other than Holiday Inn and some other hotel that shares their shuttle, Im not aware of any other hotels that have shuttles and people have complained about the holiday inn shuttle, long waits. .. its worth weighing what you want with a hotel and what price range you are wanting.

I have booked Hotel Galvez in Galveston for a December 26th cruise. They are going to keep our car there (secure), shuttle us to the port and pick us back up. A lot of hotels don't advertise this perk. Check tripadvisor.com. If you see a hotel you are interested in, call the hotel directly to inquire before you book it. :o

The Hilton offers free parking and free shuttle. This is where we stay, although we usually fly in, so we don't leave a car but do take the shuttle.

They actually have you park next door at the San Luis Hotel and the shuttle bus follows you there and takes you to the port.

Archived