Upgrade Rooms after booking???

mdroom101

Hello!

I am new to cruise critic and will be traveling on my 4th RCI cruise in January. We have booked an ocean view room because we couldn't afford the balcony room. Has anyone tried to get upgraded before the cruise at check in? Is it cheaper then upgrading online in advance? Just curious how it works and how much extra they may charge?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Someone posted yesterday that sometimes you can still upgrade at the pier, but its not all that cheap. They posted a thread with prices. Like $1000 to go from a inside to a balcony on a 7 day cruise. .. and thats only if there is a port person that is doing it at the time, not at the purser's desk once you get onboard. You had to check in, find the pier co-ordinator and pay, then get onboard.

Hello!

I am new to cruise critic and will be traveling on my 4th RCI cruise in January. We have booked an ocean view room because we couldn't afford the balcony room. Has anyone tried to get upgraded before the cruise at check in? Is it cheaper then upgrading online in advance? Just curious how it works and how much extra they may charge?

There are not that many balcony cabins left on your cruise. I wouldn't hold my breath for them to come down in price, or be left on embarkation day.

On the other hand, check every day. Go through the steps of making a new booking, and be sure to check off your state of residence, and any of the boxes for which you are qualified: 55+, military, service personnel.

You never know when one of THOSE discounts will pop up.

Now, if you booked your cruise after May 17, you may be out of luck on getting any price drop, even a residency etc discount, but if the price of a balcony drops to what you paid for your OV, you can upgrade.

Hello!

ooooooo, it's too bad that you can't afford to upgrade to a balcony. 1388 is available, and that is a FANTASTIC cabin!

Archived