Info on folding travel scooters?

rascalrider

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your quick response. Where do you put your extra battery as there is no place to store a extra one while you are out.

Thanks again

Suz

The trip we took we only used it on the ship. We were in South America and knew that we needed a manaul chair for the ports. My suggestion would be to put on a fresh battery in the morning before you leave the ship. They say it should last for 10 miles.

Deb

Sue, what is the ground clearance on your Lexus Light? Was it getting hung up on the apex of the ramp entering the ship? Mine does on some ships and I find it quite aggravating. When that happens it requires a crew member to lift me over the apex. It is a nuisance.

4 inches. I haven't used it enough while cruising yet to have much experience with it getting hung up on the apex of the ramp. My philosophy is, if it requires a crew member's assistance, well they get to be my hero that day and I thank them joyfully and profusely! :D

Sue

The trip we took we only used it on the ship. We were in South America and knew that we needed a manaul chair for the ports. My suggestion would be to put on a fresh battery in the morning before you leave the ship. They say it should last for 10 miles.

Deb

We will be trying it out soon as we cruise on Dec 14. DH will also bring his walker as we feel that on tours, he it will be easier with the walker and he has a seat so he can sit when needed.

We will charge the battery every night so it will be fresh in the morning. So I guess time will tell.

Thanks

Suz

• 2 months later...
Hi Marilyn,

You mentioned having no power after you were free-wheeling your scooter. It is possible that the free-wheeling lever was not totally returned to the "drive" position. That is always the first thing that I check if I have no power. It is possible for the lever to be bumped if people are lifting it or you have backed into a low-to-the ground object.

I do not have a car charger but thought that it might be handy to get one. Did you have that charger checked out to see what the problem was?

Ruth

ruth, i'm involved still trying to learn about using the car charger, to be used with the car cigarette lighter & it looks like it's a fairy tale told by the scooter salespeople. i spoke to a tech at vector, the maker of the 100 watt inverter "given" to me with the scooter & adapter. he said the inverter is much too small to do any good as it starts out at 100 watts but within a matter of minutes it goes down to 85-90. he said the one i'd need would be a 200 watt which would need to be attached to the car battery & would not be what i want.

i'm looking into other inverters even though i'm not sure it'll ever be necessary.

i'll be speaking again to this tech this coming week & will let you know if anything further comes of it.

Archived