Epic Exposed Restroom Deck 15

brentp

The Dawn has a similar arrangement on the port side, near the big showroom. It is a wonderful venue for whizzing. People on other ships can certainly note if you're left or right handed.

I personally took eight or nine ladies (of whom I only knew three) on a tour of the room. They were suitably impressed.

OK, my question to the OP is did you notice this same frosted glass 'stuff' in the suites:eek:

Honestly, this is the funniest thing I've seen about the ship. It truly makes me laugh! It also makes me want to sneek into the boy's side of the ship to check out this view and perhaps wave at a few fellow cruisers:D

Personally, I was quite amused at the fantastic view from the public restroom on deck. It did not occur to me at that time that I could be seen. No big deal I suppose. Probably one of the best views from a restroom I have ever had.(to date):D

I do have to agree that it seems ridiculous that you have a better view from a bathroom than from the promenade deck, but it does give people something to talk about. If they hadn't put in a full wall of windows we wouldn't have this very entertaining thread.

It seems clear that Epic is a billion dollar experiment that tries a lot of different ideas. Some of these ideas may not be too well thought out but I like the fact that it really is something different in cruising. It's probably a good idea not to make another "Epic" but I for one, find it to be a very fun ship in spite of it's flaws. I look forward to sailing on her again. It's not for everyone, but it seems to be finding it's niche.

:eek:OMG:eek:

If they wanted the guys to have a view while doing their business, I wonder why they didn't position the urinals as was done in post # 14. :confused:

LOL! I wonder how this restroom would have done on the "Turkeys At Sea" Poll :D. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1313751

Edited by Azure Moon
spelling

A bit funny, for sure.

As to actually "seeing" something, that is another story. We of course KNOW what they are doing, but at that distance, well - nothing to see.

Which brings up the child comments. Come on folks, do you really thing you could SEE something?

Let's go back to the chuckle part.

A bit funny, for sure.

As to actually "seeing" something, that is another story. We of course KNOW what they are doing, but at that distance, well - nothing to see.

Which brings up the child comments. Come on folks, do you really thing you could SEE something?

Totally agree. I would feel pretty fortunate if this were to be the biggest worry or concern in my life.

A bit funny, for sure.

I believe I'm the one who brought up the child issues here. It seems we see (pun intended) things differently on this. I'm fine with that, but I think it goes beyond an embarassing situation and leans more towards a privacy issue. You are probably right though. Under normal circumstances we couldn't or wouldn't (me personally) want to see anything, but why expose (pun intended) anyone to this situation?

Must be the new Freestyle bathrooms.....

I am not sure how I feel about this. I have 2 boys that will probably be using those bathrooms and probably exposing themselves. I guess the only issue would be during port time while other ships are next to you. I will have to keep it in mind if they want to use them while we are in port to have hubby explain what could happen in there.

Taking off my Mom hat...................I think it is so funny that no one has caught this yet. Maybe it is the "new" bathroom European design we need to get used to. If I were a man it would not baother me int he least, and I would probably have fun with it on port days hoping someone was watching! LOL

Hello Everyone,

My first thought when I saw this yesterday was OMG. Then I had to call my husband over to look at it. We are planning a group cruise onboard the Epic next year and so I have been reading as many pertinent post as possible. I am a mother of three girls so maybe my perspective on this issue is not quite on target, however the bathroom itself is already exposed. It is after all a row of Urinals where men are turnt towards the wall. Men, and parents of young boys could take their children into a closed stall for additional privacy.

Signnage outside the bathroom door warning of the possibility of being seen from the outside should suffice.

Happy sailing.

Samantha

If I were a man it would not baother me int he least, and I would probably have fun with it on port days hoping someone was watching! LOL

I find your comment quite interesting. Since you are admittedly not a man, how do you know how you would feel about this? (another one of societies double standards)

I tell you what, I am a man and it does bother me. I've never been in a women's bathroom, but my wife tells me that sometimes women are in various stages of dress or undress, adjusting, tucking etc....Let's hope nobody ever snaps a photo of you in a compromising position...just sayin'...

I hope you enjoy your cruise though....

Edited by Jerseyboy1