Epic Exposed Restroom Deck 15

brentp

Oh my gosh....I can't believe I'm just now finding out about this. My husband said the restroom was pretty and had a wall of glass (just like the womens restroom) but I didn't imagine it was like this!!! :eek:

I assumed he meant it was something like the ladies room:

i-nK5PGx5-M.jpg

Now I did hear the rumor about the Star having a window for the guys to view OUT of while "doing their business", but you wouldn't be able to see anything. So...I just had to know what it looked like and had him go in and take a picture of it for me.

PC190791-M.jpg

The things you find out years later.... :D

I'm curious why the OP was zooming in and posting the pictures...Really? With the tint of the glass and the distance, you're not going to see anything, but to know someone is zooming in with a cam is a bit vouyeristic. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mermen

LOL.....thanks for the info! It looks like another brilliant design point of the Epic. What were they thinking?

While we can all laugh at this (or not), I think it would be pretty disturbing if someone's child was seen accidentally exposing himself while just trying to do his business. I know I wouldn't want to see it and I'm sure nobody knows they are being watched.

And people are complaining about airport scanners? :confused: With the way things are today, I'd suggest NCL fix it now before the first lawsuit.

Why didn't they use one-way glass for the window, so that people can see out, without others being able to see in?

Whatever....believe what you want to believe...!

You can do whatever you want if that's how you get your jollies.

For me, personally the days of the mile-high club, toilet humour and having Ferris Bueller as my hero are well behind me. I loved the 80's, but I grew up.

What is it with NCL and bathrooms anyway...?:confused:

Whata kill joy!

Personally my thanlks for resurrecting this old thread. I never would have known - especially the Star version.

RCI's Voyager class has variations on this (as noted for Voyager). Mariner oTS has a full length window in the men's room outside the buffet but has the little urinal dividers on the window side. But I must say NCL really one-up'd RCI on this "feature". :rolleyes:

th?id=H.4772216659641490&w=330&h=187&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

I never went to the buffet on port days so problem solved there. ;)

The part I find disturbing is when she mentioned most washed their hands and not all of them, and people want to know why people get sick on cruise ships, I don't know why they didn't use electric glass where they can change it to privacy glass when they are in port next to another ship.

What will they do next on that ship, coed restrooms, I couldn't believe the last concert I went to held at a public sport complex, women were coming into the men's room to use the toilets since they were mostly empty walking right by a group of us guys standing at the urinals, that takes balls

• 3 months later...
I'm curious why the OP was zooming in and posting the pictures...Really? With the tint of the glass and the distance, you're not going to see anything, but to know someone is zooming in with a cam is a bit vouyeristic. :rolleyes:

Obviously, your not really speaking from a position of personal first hand experience. I am the OP and there was no need to zoom in, . . . everything was there to see, right in front of us. :)

Happy to see the thread revived after a few years and folks are still enjoying the humor in this as it was originally intended. Please, remember, I didn't design the ship, just happened to be a passenger on a ship parked next door and found the design, lets say, interesting . . .

Edited by brentp

I might have found this a little odd, except I was recently in Belgium and found myself needing to use one of these in a park:

outdoor_urinal_in_eindhoven.jpg

Wow, the things we learn....this, and the no flushing of the toilet paper in Sochi (an apparently in many developed places worldwide).