Post pics of your bathing suits you wore on your cruise

kiraryker

I got each of these from Spiegel's Shape FX line. I have a pear shape and love their suits for my figure. I really like tankinis, and always wanted a retro bathing suit. I wait for their sales or go to retailmenot for coupon codes ;)

Retro halter one-piece

ry%3D400

One-shoulder tankini:

ry%3D400

O-ring tankini:

ry%3D400

I got each of these from Spiegel's Shape FX line. I have a pear shape and love their suits for my figure. I really like tankinis, and always wanted a retro bathing suit. I wait for their sales or go to retailmenot for coupon codes ;)

Retro halter one-piece

ry%3D400

One-shoulder tankini:

ry%3D400

O-ring tankini:

ry%3D400

Love them!!! With those suits do you have to go larger for size? How are they about returning bathing suits?

Love them!!! With those suits do you have to go larger for size? How are they about returning bathing suits?

Thank you! Yes, I went up by one size. The tummy control on those suits is serious!!! ;)

As long as you do not take the tags off, and leave the protective strip inside the bathing suit, you can return them if they don't fit. Very easy returns process. I've shopped with them for about 4 years now and haven't had any issues with returning items for refunds or exchanges :).

I just got this one from Land's End - I wanted one with good support, for hiking around and snorkeling! I usually buy fairly cheap suits, but they weren't supportive at all!

This one is great, and I got a pair of black board shorts to go with:

386766_A709_FF_BLF?op_sharpen=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471&id=2sAbBHAOb5bSojSllTB-rS

http://www.landsend.com/pp/TummyControlFloralGoldAccentTankSwimsuit~213413_593.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLF&CM_MERCH=IDX_00008__0000000134&origin=index

So where is a good place to get the board shorts? I've looked on line but haven't found some that I like?

I ordered mine from Lands End, but they are pricier thru them. Look at sporting good stores, adventure stores and surf shops. If you don't mind waiting until you leave, you can find them in the shops near the ports. I found a great pair for my daughter at Cocoa Beach Surf Club.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear board shorts and Land's End tankinis (more convienient than a one-piece). I won't buy bathing suits from anywhere but Lands End - they mean that guarantee and will take anything back if they don't work out. I have board shorts from Land's End and Walmart, and like the Walmart ones (from men's dept) just as well - they were ten bucks and came in solid colors I could coordinate with the suits.

I have this one from Lands End in two colors. It really does a great job of keeping me from jiggling where I don't want to jiggle! I'd size up because the tummy control means business!

swimsuit.jpg

http://www.landsend.com/pp/AlloverControlSolidGrecianSlenderSwimsuit~180862_593.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::DMD&CM_MERCH=IDX_00002__0000000134&origin=index

I prefer swim shorts myself (vs board shorts) as they're longer and fuller (i.e. more coverage). You can find them at Penneys and various catalogs. I always bring 2 pair of black swim shorts with about 3 different tankini tops in pretty colors. And use a black tank top as my cover-up.

Also, do an ebay search. They had 100's of styles in all sizes. Alot of them were "buy it now", so you don't have to do the bidding thing. I personally, have larger hips, so I looked under the swimdress catagory. But, you can look for any style of swimsuit. They had some pretty "glitzy" suits.

• 2 weeks later...
That bikini is super cute! My goal is to get down to a size 8 by July 2011, and I'm thinking about buying my ideal swimsuit (leave the tags on.. save the receipt.. lol) and hanging it up to remind myself of where I am headed! :)

Good idea, but better yet, cut the tags off. If I were you, I would probably be more motivated then. Just saying, if I were you!:D

I have this one from Lands End in two colors. It really does a great job of keeping me from jiggling where I don't want to jiggle! I'd size up because the tummy control means business!

swimsuit.jpg

http://www.landsend.com/pp/AlloverControlSolidGrecianSlenderSwimsuit~180862_593.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::DMD&CM_MERCH=IDX_00002__0000000134&origin=index

I love this suit and happen to think that one piece suits are just as sexy as bikinis! :)

Lets see if I can post this one. I am in the purple print:

3219566838_6a2422aa13_m.jpg

The other gal was in one of the bands on the ship and we went

to the beach in Grenada together.

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

These are the two I have, the silver is new and the black I've worn before. I'm thinking of another one, but haven't decided. Only b/c the black is getting a little too big.

Oooooooooh I love the black and silver one, I have one in Black and gold that I ordered from and get tons of compliments. I ordered it from Newport News.

Have fun on the Dream we just did this one in October and had a great time

20100706_108.jpg.ade22ff471734149eb99d1bee9bd2a41.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like you got into a fight with a Las Vegas show girl in an aluminum foil factory. THAT IS JUST not CUTE. Sorry :(

The black one is nice though :p

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

These are the two I have, the silver is new and the black I've worn before. I'm thinking of another one, but haven't decided. Only b/c the black is getting a little too big.

This one I wore 2 years ago, but it's starting to get old and frey'd (sp?) and it's already 6 years old!

Cruise2009202-1.jpg

This one is VS Tattoo Anchor 2 piece. Love it, and plan to wear it this upcoming cruise.

Cruise2009321-1.jpg

I have about 4 other bathing suits I am taking, depend on what I'm in the mood for, but I got a VS Tanga purple bottom from VS on clearance for $5! Went on ebay and found the matching top for $10! I certainly plan on wearing this on this cruise as well! Just gotta keep the workouts going!

I just ordered this suit from Alwaysforme.com and it just came the other day. It is prettiest suit I've ever owned and fits super:

http://www.alwaysforme.com/lingerieswim.html

Illusion suit in turquoise.......can't wait for my cruise to get here!!

That suit is beautiful! :D How is the size? I wear a reg 16, so I'm wondering how the 16W would fit. It looks like it would be very flattering!

swimsuit.jpg

Thanks for posting pic and link mlk58! I went to the sight and ordered the swimdress version in the blackberry color. It arrived today and I LOVE IT!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/AlloverControlSlenderGrecianSwimdress~215893_593.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HZ4&CM_MERCH=IDX_00006__0000000645&origin=index

coka

Archived