Tampa Marriott questions?

Boatingmom

What car company are you renting from? :confused: You may need to return it to the TPA airport - about a 15 minute shuttle or cab ride away from the port. Cab is a flat rate of $25+ tip from TPA to the port.

If you are talking about the Marriott I remember, you're too far to walk from the hotel to the port. Good luck! :)

We're renting from Hertz, returnable to the Marriott waterside. Is a cab that short of a distance really $25.00? I thought it might be a walkable.

The trolley route goes from Marriott Waterside to the cruise terminal area. I think the cost is $2.50 pp. Could be an option if you don't have too much luggage.

Dianne

The hotel is roughly 1/2 mile from the cruise terminal. It is flat, sidewalks all the way, no major intersections to cross (there are a few sidestreets but you're walking along the main road; at the sidestreets you cross there are stoplights & crosswalks). It would probably take 10 to 15 minutes to walk it.

It is certainly walkable IF you are reasonably fit AND if your bags are all wheeled (they would definitely get heavy if you had to carry them the distance). I'd also say that I would NOT recommend it in the summertime, as you would be a sweaty mess by the time you arrived. In the winter months when the temperature is pleasant, it would be doable.

The cab fare of $25 is from the AIRPORT to the cruise terminal. A cab from the Marriott to the cruise terminal would be $3 or $4, not including any tip.

If you can return the car at the Marriott & you have a lot of luggage (or heavy/unwheeled) you could always drive the rental car over, drop the luggage with the porter at the drive-thru luggage drop, then bring the car back & make the walk to the terminal (also could drop off anyone with limited mobility when you drop the luggage).

We too are using Hertz from the airport because we intend to go straight to Busch Gardens when our flight gets in. We'd planned to drop off the rental car once we returned (leaving the keys with the valet at the Marriott because hours of operation at the Hertz counter in the hotel are limited--Hertz told us just to leave the keys with the valet.) This also means I don't have to pay the parking fees.

I assumed cab fare to be about what is quoted here so that's good to know. Probably my guys will prefer the cab to the walk dragging the bags! Flying out in two days! :D

Archived