Is it better to put wine in carry on or checked bags?

marcaroh

For the 2 bottles of wine that X allows for each cabin, is it better to put them in a carry on bag or in a checked bag? Does it make any difference?

Have you seen them throw those bags around? :eek: We always carry on.

We've done both. Usually depends on whether we're bringing it from home in our checked luggage or buying it after arrival at the port. But lately we've tended to carry on from port area purchases. Besides that way you'll have something to put on ice for sail away and also something to console you if your luggage gets lost. (I know ...I shouldn't even joke about that!)

Thanks everyone for your replies. The 2 bottles of wine have to start out in the checked bags anyway (because we're bringing them from home and flying). I'm going to wrap them in bubble wrap and double zip-lock bag them. I guess I'll just leave them in there.

Remember, unless the airlines have changed their policies, you can't have more than 3oz. of liquid in your carryon. Returning from an eastbound TA, I saw security in Europe confiscating the wine people purchased in France and placed in their carryons. So, I am assuming you mean putting the wine after you arrive on your flight in your carryon. We put it in the checked bags wrapped in bubble wrap, then a zip lock, with a sock around it for further cushioning. Haven't lost one to breakage yet. Now coming from a foreign port to ship, they WILL confiscate them if they see them in your carryon and return them the last night of the cruise.

Remember, unless the airlines have changed their policies, you can't have more than 3oz. of liquid in your carryon. Returning from an eastbound TA, I saw security in Europe confiscating the wine people purchased in France and placed in their carryons. So, I am assuming you mean putting the wine after you arrive on your flight in your carryon. We put it in the checked bags wrapped in bubble wrap, then a zip lock, with a sock around it for further cushioning. Haven't lost one to breakage yet. Now coming from a foreign port to ship, they WILL confiscate them if they see them in your carryon and return them the last night of the cruise.

Yes, I'll have them in the checked bags. Has anyone ever had the 2 allowed bottles of wine confiscated from checked bags?

Archived