What's the "best" suite, not counting Garden Villas?

erdoran

I'm sure we all agree Garden Villas are a class unto themselves, so let's leave them out in this thread. Of the rest of the suites in the NCL fleet, which is your favorite? Are any duds? Give as much or as little detail as you like - Ship & category certainly, and if you have a specific cabin # that makes a difference, please include that!

Totally agree with Dave on this one. We had an AC on the Spirit and it was amazing. The only problem I see with this room is that the bathroom takes up 1/2 the balcony so you don't get a larger balcony but other than that, the suite was amazing!

I think it partially depends on the itinerary....We had a deck 10 Owners Suite on the Star over Thanksgiving, going through the Panama Canal...large front and back balconies.....huge rooms. It was the perfect spot for the Panama Canal. Even with 10 people [we invited new friends to come up] it was not at all crowded....and going through the Panama Canal with a 'full frontal view' is just too perfect. By luck we were in the right side of the canal so we had ships on our left and could watch the other ship as well as the locomotives from the port side. However, for the Alaska and Pacific Coastal itineraries, the front deck/balcony would not be very good and we're booking an aft penthouse instead to have the wind protection. The 'decor' in 10506 is really bizarre....it's the Picasso Suite and it less Picasso and more 'clash.' However, the space and the over the top bathroom MORE than make up for the crazy deocorating. Also has 2 good size dining areas, a second bath, gargantua kingsize COMFY bed; we could live in that space for a year.....TONS OF storage too. :):)

I have been in a couple of different rooms (including the GV). If you take that off of the table, I have to agree with the last comment - the OS on the Star is wonderful. I'm booked soon on one the DOS on the star but I would have rather had the OS...

Nothing to make less of your personal choices, but if I am in a suite anywhere on any NCL Ship going anyplace warm...it is by far the BEST. Looks like this might be the winter when sailing in an inside on deck 4 would be heaven as this cold weather continues !! Aside from these feelings....Love the courtyard villas and the sense of community with others up there.

For me, the best bang for the buck are the 2 middle AC's on deck 10 on the Jewel and Dawn class ships. #10000 and #10500 have that little extra bumpout that we call the "sunroom". You can checkout pictures in my signature below.

Sailing into port on the bow is so incredible. The one I remember the most was a number of years ago sailing into San Juan aboard the Jewel on one of those forward balconies.

PE

For my own personal taste, I agree with the comments about the Jewel class Owner's Suites -the space is large and well laid out, and the two balconies seal the deal. Also really loved the OS on the Sun - could use updating and a deeper hot-tub, and a side balcony would be nice, but another lovely suite indeed (liked it much better than the aft AC on the Sun). The AB and A3/4 are great as well - any suite with the bedroom separated from the living room is much better than those with just one room. Found the courtyard villas to be lovely, but would rather save the cash and just get an AB - we find the courtyard to be almost useless, but perhaps we would use it more on other itineraries (haven't used it much in four opportunities).

Robin

I have to agree with Planer's Edge. Cruised Alaska on the Pearl and stayed in 10500. The extra room (sun room) inside was really nice. Also, having the balcony partially covered by the bridge afforded us to go out on the balcony, even in inclement weather.

We are cruising the Jewel Feb. 27 2011 and have an AC penthouse again. But this time we opted for a room with the larger balcony (9000) Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I will be able to get in some tanning time on the balcony.:D

Yes, it's so hard to go back once you have even had a balcony, never mind a suite! But I agree with EileenN - any cabin on any ship is better than not going at all!!

Having said that, I would have to say that my most memorable cruise in an NCL suite was the AB family suite on the Jewel, mostly because we were traveling with my parents! The two bedrooms / 2 baths was a GOD send! And having the living room and dining area made a wonderful place for us to gather. The master bath is simply amazing! & even though the balcony is a little small, the view from the tub is something that you just don't get a chance to experience often.

Of the 14 cruises I have taken: 1 PH, 7 mini-suites (one was called a Jr suite) or suites (plus an eighth suite booked next year for cruise #15), 3 balcony cabins, 1 OV, and 2 Inside cabins (one of which was my 1st, I didn't know any better!!). And to be perfectly honest - the type of cabin I had did NOT make or break a cruise for me. The penthouse cruise (on HAL) was not my favorite trip, but another HAL trip to Alaska booked in a mini-suite was FABULOUS!! All of my NCL cruises have been very memorable, and although I have not sailed on Princess yet, NCL ranks right up there as one of my favorite lines!

Our favorite has been the A3 (Jewel 14006) on a Canada/New England cruise, where we were at sea almost every other day. We spent tons of time in the Courtyard and in the hot tub, usually by ourselves.

As others have said, though, it really depends upon the itinerary. We really enjoyed our AC (Star 9500) while coming into a port, while in port, and even while underway on a Mexican Riviera cruise. We also liked our AD (Sun 8002) for an Alaska cruise, and our aft AE (Jewel but can't remember the number on the 8th deck) for a Caribbean cruise.

If I had a choice between the A3 or an AB (identical layout) on any ship, hands-down I would choose the A3 for the Courtyard privileges. Oh, heck . . . any suite will do! :D:D:D

erdoran,

Of course, we haven't seen all the suites NCL has to offer but I find it hard to believe that anything (other than a Villa) could top the AD suites on the Spirit. There are only three of them - lined up along the aft of the ship - and the center one (cabin 9212 "Gemini") is the best of the these by a nose.

You can see pictures of this cabin taken during a Boston/Bermuda round trip last May at http://travel.webshots.com/album/577874582FjnTSJ?vhost=travel.

A full cruise review (with more detail specifically about the cabin than you could possibly want) is on these boards at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=68181 or look for "The Suite Life in Norwegian Spirit Cabin 9212" in the Norwegian Spirit members reviews section.

-Peter

I have to agree the AC on the Spirit is realy nice, we just got back from the AC on the Sun we had the corner balcony and just loved it we spend a lot of time there just reading. What we liked on the Spirit was the bathroom overlooking the sea, we loved both.

Monika:):)

Ok I agree any suite is sweet, however I have been in Owners suite on Gem, Courtyard on Gem, AB on Gem AD on Jade and AC on Gem. I love the AB because I love the bathroom it is designed for a women. Nice natural light big tub with oceanview window and room to move around ok also 2nd bedroom but I just love the bath. The owners suite was great also but women trust me the bath in the AB is better. I would love to do the Owners suite on a port inensive cruise beacuse you can use front balcony more. It would be great for Med cruise. I had OS from NY in Jan when Florida had a feeezing cold streak and didn't use it much. My opinion of course CY is same as AB except you have Courtyard. Ok everyone tell me how wrong I am lol. Oh btw for women the tub in AB is better for womens use the OS

I completely agree with all who like the Owner's Suites on Jewel or Dawn class ships. We did Pacific Coastal and Panama Canal in Owner's Suites and you can't beat it for those two itineraries. Heading in to SF Bay under the Golden Gate, then back out at sunset was a memory of a lifetime. Coming into and through the Panama Canal on the front deck and then having the option of the side balcony as well was amazing!

Then you have the cabin and extra perks: Courtyard access, phone to carry around the ship, bar setup, free water and sodas, the huge bathroom and dressing room, the large living room and bedroom, etc. Darn! Now I'm homesick!! :(

We have sailed 10 or 12 times with NCL and last thanksgiving we sailed through the panama canal on the star. Our cabin was 11060. What a great penthouse class AB. It was huge. 2 bedrooms 1 geat bathroom with double sinks and walk in shower and in the small bedroom a bathroom just like any balcony room. You can guess which bathroom the wife gave me!!!

The dining room was quite large the living room was average however the lounges on the deck were very comfortable and perfect to see the canal from.

We are sailing in march on the epic.We have a penthouse aft, 10326. Hope it is as nice as the star!

chip brady

Love the A4 - just perfect for the 2 of us! They're tucked back slightly off the longer hall and just "feel" more secluded and private.

A3's have the extra bedroom/bathroom which is bonus space - we've stored luggage, DH's dive gear, etc in there. Again, that fantastic bathroom~

I haven't cruised in them yet, but I will November '11. We have 2 of them booked and they will be my favorite suites on NCL. Of course they will be the only ones I have ever been in, so far. I plan on trying others in the future though. Hopefully maybe one a year...if I am lucky.

Sun aft AC, deck 9... That huge balcony... Separate bedroom... Priceless!

But looking forward to cruising in an AC but have spent time with friends in one.

We were in an AC on the Sun for our SA cruise, want I meant to say is I look forward to cruising in a CV as friends had sailed in one on the Jewel and had us up a few times.

I really hope at the time I cruise in a CV that I can make acquaintance with someone in a GV and get to see it. Or do I? Afraid I will feel the need to cruise in one of those!

We have 2 favorite suites.

1) Used to be called an AB aft suite on the Sky, deck 9. (9075) (Now category SE) Absolutely wonderful full sun balcony that is huge, separate room for bedroom, bathroom and living room.

2) Aft Penthouse on the Epic - all the suite and courtyard perks as well as the aft view.

How about any suite that you can manage to book! I don't think I'd complain about any of them. And to be honest, outside of the location and the balcony, there isn't a huge difference between the AE, AD, and AC suites.

How about any suite that you can manage to book! I don't think I'd complain about any of them. And to be honest, outside of the location and the balcony, there isn't a huge difference between the AE, AD, and AC suites.

Except on the Sun. The AC has a separate bedroom with a door. I like my own space.

Archived