Questions for recent Island cruisers

Infi

We'll be sailing on the Island 12/20 for the Christmas cruise. If any recent cruisers could answer the following questions, I'd really appreciate it.

1. Which dining room is used for lunch on embarkation day?

2. Which dining room is used for traditional?

3. What movies are playing on MUTS?

4. Any thoughts on the best deck of the forward balconies to view the canal from?

5. How early does one have to arrive at the Princess Theater to get a good seat for the shows? (We are used to arriving 30min early for shows on the larger ships and wondering if the Island is similar.)

Thanks so much!

See below for the ones I know:

We'll be sailing on the Island 12/20 for the Christmas cruise. If any recent cruisers could answer the following questions, I'd really appreciate it.

1. Which dining room is used for lunch on embarkation day?

Depends on the Maitre'd but usually the one NOT on the embarkation level, so most likely Bordeaux.

2. Which dining room is used for traditional?

Provence - with some of Bordeaux used for the new early time if needed.

3. What movies are playing on MUTS?

Not that recent of a run to tell you, besides they can change up to weekly.

4. Any thoughts on the best deck of the forward balconies to view the canal from?

5. How early does one have to arrive at the Princess Theater to get a good seat for the shows? (We are used to arriving 30min early for shows on the larger ships and wondering if the Island is similar.)

Depends on the show, but 30 mins is usually OK. If it's the second run, maybe 5 mins, for Adrian's show if offered maybe 45 mins. There's not really a bad seat in there either.

Thanks so much!

I didn't reply on that one for a reason, it's going to vary. There's a 'secret' door on the caribe deck that leads forward, but its not so much of a secret now, so sometimes is the more crowded area. Many people prefer aft as well it seems. (Full disclaimer, we are doing this run ourself for the first time, I am taking this info from people who have gone).

From what I have seen, your best bet is to keep moving around the ship for various viewpoints of the process on the way in, if its a partial transit, note what you may have missed for the outbound run if not taking a tour..

Archived